Is it just me, or does there appear to be a rise in Spruikers around recently?
They seem to be popping up everywhere, especially on most social media channels, where they seem to be thriving.
They tend to be on amazing beaches with pretty women and fast cars offering incredible solutions to solve life’s common conundrum:
How can I build high levels of passive income ASAP, to allow me to retire tomorrow and live my dream life?
In other words, how can I get rich quick by doing the least amount of work as possible?
The good news is that they all follow a very similar pattern and are easy to spot by following three simple guidelines.
Here are my thoughts:
You have no doubt seen those catchy headiness that are simply attempts to lure you in:
“Retire on passive income with 7 properties in 7 minutes (!)”
“How I make $50k per month selling on Amazon”
“Triple figure incomes by becoming a property developer”
These are just some of the brazen headlines being used to hook people in.
As the saying goes - If it sounds too good to be true it often is.
Then, to match the headlines they often display symbols of wealth, like a big mansion or fast cars or relaxing by the pool while their money appears to just roll in.
Ahhhhh…….. wouldn’t it be nice to be sitting by that pool while the money just rolls in, you say to yourself!
Wake up! It is a trap!
Imagine going to a Doctor with a chronic headache and before they diagnose your symptoms, they have prescribed you a pill for a stomach-ache.
They have not taken the time to sit down and diagnose your problem and what it is that is causing you pain or discomfort.
I see this in the property space, many spruikers will offer “the property” before sitting down and working out what it is you want to achieve and what your goals are.
- Also read:10 BIG Benefits of setting up an SMSF or a Family SMSF
- Also read:How Many Billionaires Are There in Australia?
- Also read:What You Think About Most Is What You Get: Unleash Your Mind’s Power to Shape Your Reality
- Also read:Visualizing the World’s Growing Millionaire Population (2012-2022)
- Also read:Financial stability amidst the high cost of living
They will then mould your expectations to fit their solution and put the product before your needs.
It should not take long to work out if you are dealing with a Salesman or a Professional.
A salesperson will have all kinds of special offers and various angles to sell you a product.
A professional is someone who clearly has a level of depth and experience that a salesperson cannot offer.
They should first be able to diagnose, before educating you and prescribing the solution to what it is that you are aiming to achieve.
Think back to the Doctor example, a spruiker will only be interested in selling a product to you and won’t be working in your best interests.
They often take a one-size fits all approach, when clearly that is not the case.
A Professional will work on tailoring an approach to your individual and personal needs.
One of the easiest ways to spot a spruiker is to BEWARE of offers or headlines that seem too good to be true.
Claims of building huge amounts of passive income in a short period with next to no effort seems to be the favoured approach.
A Spruiker will also have a Solution without actually taking the time to understand exactly what it is you are trying to achieve.
Salesmen make assumptions and tend to bend and twist things to make the individual fit the product.
A Professional takes a different approach, they will diagnose before they prescribe and tailor a solution to fit the individual.
Spotting the difference can save you thousands!
If you're wondering what’s ahead for property you are not alone.
You can trust the team at Metropole to provide you with direction, guidance and results.
In “interesting” times like we are currently experiencing you need an advisor who takes a holistic approach to your wealth creation and that's what you exactly what you get from the multi award winning team at Metropole.
If you're looking at buying your next home or investment property here's 4 ways we can help you:
- Strategic property advice. - Allow us to build a Strategic Property Plan for you and your family. Planning is bringing the future into the present so you can do something about it now! This will give you direction, results and more certainty. Click here to learn more
- Buyer's agency - As Australia's most trusted buyers’ agents we've been involved in over $3.5 Billion worth of transactions creating wealth for our clients and we can do the same for you. Our on the ground teams in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane bring you years of experience and perspective - that's something money just can't buy. We'll help you find your next home or an investment grade property. Click here to learn how we can help you.
- Wealth Advisory - We can provide you with strategic tailored financial planning and wealth advice. Click here to learn more about we can help you.
- Property Management - Our stress free property management services help you maximise your property returns. Click here to find out why our clients enjoy a vacancy rate considerably below the market average, our tenants stay an average of 3 years and our properties lease 10 days faster than the market average.