Are the tighter lending criteria holding you back?
Well…you’re in good company as the majority of property investors and home buyers we’re speaking with are finding the current stricter bank serviceability criteria are an issue for them.
Over the years I’ve realised that real estate investing is a game of finance, with some properties thrown in the middle.
- Also read:What makes an A-grade property?
- Also read:Latest property price forecasts for 2024 revealed. What’s ahead in our housing markets in the next year or two?
- Also read:Here’s how to avoid these 12 common reasons property investors fail to build a Multi Million Dollar Property Portfolio
- Also read:Sydney property market forecast for 2024
- Also read:Boom to bust: What makes property prices rise and fall
But with the finance landscaping is changing before our eyes, I recently had a chat with finance strategist Andrew Mirams to see what this means for property investors.
Watch as we discuss:
- What is the current lending environment like? Are the banks open for business?
- Are there really loans with an interest rate with a 3 in front of them
- When APRA may lift its restrictions on lending
- How to decide P&I or interest only loan
- Is it worth considering interest only on your home loan (with an offset account)?
- Other than rates what should I look for in my loan
- Will it become harder or easier for investors to borrow?