Are the tighter lending criteria holding you back?
Well…you’re in good company as the majority of property investors and home buyers we’re speaking with are finding the current stricter bank serviceability criteria are an issue for them.
Over the years I’ve realised that real estate investing is a game of finance, with some properties thrown in the middle.
- Also read:8 ways into the property market with a small deposit
- Also read:10 most expensive suburbs in Melbourne
- Also read:10 most expensive suburbs in Sydney
- Also read:Latest property price forecasts for 2022 revealed. What’s ahead in our housing markets in the next year or two?
- Also read:The Prime Minister is betting the house on new incentives | Property Insiders [Video]
But with the finance landscaping is changing before our eyes, I recently had a chat with finance strategist Andrew Mirams to see what this means for property investors.
Watch as we discuss:
- What is the current lending environment like? Are the banks open for business?
- Are there really loans with an interest rate with a 3 in front of them
- When APRA may lift its restrictions on lending
- How to decide P&I or interest only loan
- Is it worth considering interest only on your home loan (with an offset account)?
- Other than rates what should I look for in my loan
- Will it become harder or easier for investors to borrow?