Retail spending is on the rise because of the Corona Virus.
According to finder.com.au shoppers spent an extra $13.5 billion in the last month because of panic-buying.
COVID-19 panic-buying is cost Australians an average $848 extra last month, or a combined estimated $13.5 billion according to Finder.
No real surprise here when you see the queues at supermarket checkouts, is there?
in March to date
| Difference in March 2020
vs October 2019
Source: Finder app
Other interesting insights include:
- A 214% jump in share trading spending, as stock markets plunge opening an opportunity to buy cheaper securities.
- ATM cash withdrawals have dropped this month to date by 11%, as reports around the spread of coronavirus on physical cash has been heard
- Health care and medical expenses has increased by 31% this month to date, as Australians are seen stocking up on medical supplies
- Interestingly while most people are in self-isolation this month, we’ve found a 35% increase in spending on petrol compared to October 2019
- Unsurprisingly, spending on restaurants and dining has dropped by 9%, and this is expected to drop further in the coming months as more food businesses close.
Now is the time to take action and set yourself for the opportunities that will present themselves as the market moves on
If you’re wondering what will happen to property in 2020–2021 you are not alone.
You can trust the team at Metropole to provide you with direction, guidance and results.
In challenging times like we are currently experiencing you need an advisor who takes a holistic approach to your wealth creation and that’s what you exactly what you get from the multi award winning team at Metropole.
If you’re looking at buying your next home or investment property here’s 4 ways we can help you:
- Strategic property advice. – Allow us to build a Strategic Property Plan for you and your family. Planning is bringing the future into the present so you can do something about it now! This will give you direction, results and more certainty. Click here to learn more
- Buyer’s agency – As Australia’s most trusted buyers’ agents we’ve been involved in over $3Billion worth of transactions creating wealth for our clients and we can do the same for you. Our on the ground teams in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane bring you years of experience and perspective – that’s something money just can’t buy. We’ll help you find your next home or an investment grade property. Click here to learn how we can help you.
- Wealth Advisory – We can provide you with strategic tailored financial planning and wealth advice. Click here to learn more about we can help you.
- Property Management – Our stress free property management services help you maximise your property returns. Click here to find out why our clients enjoy a vacancy rate considerably below the market average, our tenants stay an average of 3 years and our properties lease 10 days faster than the market average.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.