One of the biggest fears people have in their lives is failure.
Afraid they won't succeed if they try something new.
Fear that they might never "make it" doing what they are passionate about.
Fear that keeps them from following their heart.
Life is too short to let fear make big decisions for you, so here's 13 quotes to help you overcome your fears:
1. "You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space." Johnny Cash
2. "Forget about the consequences of failure. Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success." Denis Waitley
4. "I really don't think life is about the I-could-have-beens. Life is only about the I-tried-to-do. I don't mind the failure but I can't imagine that I'd forgive myself if I didn't try." Nikki Giovanni
5. "No man ever achieved worth-while success who did not, at one time or other, find himself with at least one foot hanging well over the brink of failure." Napoleon Hill
7. "Do one thing every day that scares you." Eleanor Roosevelt
8. "There is no failure except in no longer trying." Elbert Hubbard
- Also read:Here’s how to avoid these 12 common reasons property investors fail to build a Multi Million Dollar Property Portfolio
- Also read:Latest property price forecasts for 2024 revealed. What’s ahead in our housing markets in the next year or two?
- Also read:Sydney property market forecast for 2024
- Also read:Boom to bust: What makes property prices rise and fall
- Also read:This week’s Australian Property Market Update – Latest Data, State by State November 28th, 2023
10. "A person who doubts himself is like a man who would enlist in the ranks of his enemies and bear arms against himself. He makes his failure certain by himself being the first person to be convinced of it." Ambrose Bierce
11. "Don't be afraid of missing opportunities. Behind every failure is an opportunity somebody wishes they had missed." Lily Tomlin
13. "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius
14. "Try a thing you haven’t done three times. Once, to get over the fear of doing it. Twice, to learn how to do it. And a third time to figure out whether you like it or not." Virgil Thomson
16. "Failure happens all the time. It happens every day in practice. What makes you better is how you react to it." Mia Hamm
17. "One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time." Andre Gide
19. "Fear is only as deep as the mind allows." Japanese Proverb
20. "If you're doing your best, you won't have any time to worry about failure." H. Jackson Brown, Jr.