With a vast majority of homes sold in the last financial year now settled, it is possible to calculate some of the key numbers in the Melbourne property market.
- Suburbs with the lowest number of house sales: Narre Warren East, Gilderoy, Sherbrooke, Tremont and Gruyere. Each only recorded one sale
- Suburbs with the biggest spend by house buyers; Brighton ($805m), Glen Waverly ($613m), Kew ($592m), Toorak ($576m) and Balwyn North ($502m)
- Suburbs with the biggest spend by apartment buyers; Melbourne ($649m), Southbank ($378m), South Yarra ($353m), Docklands ($346m) and Brighton ($307m)
- Suburb with the most house sales over $2m, Brighton with 147
- Suburbs with the largest house blocks sold; Park Orchards, Belgrave South, Kalorama, The Patch and Sassafras
- Suburbs with the largest increase in sale price for houses: Ashburton, Balwyn North, Fairfield, Kew East and Balwyn
- Municipalities with the largest increase in sale price for houses: Monash, Glen Eira, Manningham, Whitehorse and Yarra
- Municipalities with the least increase in sale price for houses: Hume, Cardinia, Mornington Peninsula, Nillumbik and Brimbank
- Suburbs with the least increase in median advertised rents for houses: Brighton, South Melbourne, Middle Park, Sandringham and Armadale
- Suburbs with the largest increase in median advertised rents for houses: Balwyn, Caulfield South, Fitzroy North, Beaumaris and Carlton
- Suburbs with the highest proportion of houses advertised for sale: Mount Eliza, Taylors Hill, Point Cook, Pakenham and Mount Martha
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.