Warren Buffet is one of the world’s most influential people.
He’s an American business magnate, investor and philanthropist.
Here’s some of his inspiring quotes on investing and success.
- Great Investors Don’t Diversify – “Diversification is protection against ignorance. It makes little sense if you know what you are doing.”
- On Finding Honesty in Others “Honesty is a very expensive gift. Don’t expect it from cheap people.”
- Appreciate Where You Came From “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.”
- Give Back to Society – “If you’re in the luckiest 1% of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99%.”
- Don’t Make Investing Difficult –“There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult.”
- Make Your Own Forecasts – “Forecasts may tell you a great deal about the forecaster; they tell you nothing about the future.”
- Actions vs. Results – “You know… you keep doing the same things and you keep getting the same result over and over again.”
- Invest Only in Companies You Know and Trust – “An investor should act as though he had a lifetime decision card with just twenty punches on it.”
- Manage Your Time Better – “You’ve gotta keep control of your time, and you can’t unless you say no. You can’t let people set your agenda in life.”
- Seize Great Opportunities and Load Up the Truck “Opportunities come infrequently. When it rains gold, put out the bucket, not the thimble.”
- Make Long Term Investments Over Short Term Ones “If you aren’t thinking about owning a stock for 10 years, don’t even think about owning it for 10 minutes.”
- Don’t Be Greedy “…not doing what we love in the name of greed is very poor management of our lives.”
- Spend Time on Personal Development “The most important investment you can make is in yourself.”