The strength of Australia’s economy is due to its small and medium businesses.
In fact, there are more than two million of them in Australia, who collectively employ a huge number of people.
So, clearly, their importance to the overall health of our national economy cannot be overstated.
However, one of the issues that small businesses usually have is ensuring their structure allows them to grow when the time is right.
I recently helped Jonathan, a client who had concerns that his business structure was not optimal for growth and expansion.
Jonathan had worked hard to grow a long-standing business but had hit a brick wall when he tried to expand to make the most of increasing sales demand from customers.
Other major problems that Jonathan had included:
- No asset protection
- Less than ideal tax management processes and
- An inefficient use of funds for investing.
He was also worried about taxation implications if he was to sell his business in the future.
In short, Jonathan was a good position for future growth, but was a little hamstrung on how to get there.
My initial discussions with Jonathan identified his current position as well as his future requirements.
I immediately recommended a solution that involved restructuring the business entity to a more appropriate structure.
Also, by implementing a new structure, it meant that if Jonathan was to sell the business in the future, he would have a reduced taxation implication.
The new entity also served to reduce his tax on earnings as well as providing for asset protection, too.
In turn, it also meant that Jonathan had a substantial increase in his cash flow that he could use to invest in wealth creation.
By restructuring Jonathan’s business structure, he went from having a business that was struggling to grow to one that was quickly flourishing.
The hours he lost struggling to work out why he business wasn’t growing as it should, were now his to allow him to concentrate on more positive things like improving his cash flow.
Many ordinary Australians run small business ownership as one of the keys to achieving their financial success, but it does take dedication and perseverance to get there.
However, having an ineffective business ownership structure to makes the road to success rockier than it ever needs to be.
Small and medium business owners would be wise to think ahead early and work with multi-disciplined professionals from the outset.
This includes ensuring that their businesses are structured for the long-term and for growth, to help them create a more successful financial future.
What can you do about this?
If you’re looking for independent expert advice about you your financial circumstances why not allow Ken Raiss to provide you with a Strategic Wealth Plan?
Imagine the benefits having a new level of support, guidance and insights into the critical drivers of your wealth:
- Minimise Your Tax
- Build Your Wealth
- Manage Your Risk
- Create Your Legacy
Click here now and we’ll be in contact to discuss how we can help you and your family.
Now is the time to take action and set yourself for the opportunities that will present themselves as the market moves on
If you’re wondering what will happen to property in 2020–2021 you are not alone.
You can trust the team at Metropole to provide you with direction, guidance and results.
In challenging times like we are currently experiencing you need an advisor who takes a holistic approach to your wealth creation and that’s what you exactly what you get from the multi award winning team at Metropole.
If you’re looking at buying your next home or investment property here’s 4 ways we can help you:
- Strategic property advice. – Allow us to build a Strategic Property Plan for you and your family. Planning is bringing the future into the present so you can do something about it now! This will give you direction, results and more certainty. Click here to learn more
- Buyer’s agency – As Australia’s most trusted buyers’ agents we’ve been involved in over $3Billion worth of transactions creating wealth for our clients and we can do the same for you. Our on the ground teams in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane bring you years of experience and perspective – that’s something money just can’t buy. We’ll help you find your next home or an investment grade property. Click here to learn how we can help you.
- Wealth Advisory – We can provide you with strategic tailored financial planning and wealth advice. Click here to learn more about we can help you.
- Property Management – Our stress free property management services help you maximise your property returns. Click here to find out why our clients enjoy a vacancy rate considerably below the market average, our tenants stay an average of 3 years and our properties lease 10 days faster than the market average.
This article is general information only and is intended as educational material. Metropole Wealth Advisory nor its associated or related entitles, directors, officers or employees intend this material to be advice either actual or implied. You should not act on any of the above without first seeking specific advice taking into account your circumstances and objectives.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.