It's been just over a month now since the Coronavirus flipped our lives upside down.
From having to practice social distancing and getting used to life indoors, to continually washing our hands.
It’s clear we are all going to be affected by the coronavirus – something none of us expected a few months ago.
Many Australians will lose their jobs, others will have their hours curtailed and most businesses will suffer.
One thing that we have all seen is our businesses suffer, which is making it hard to survive.
Right now, the government is throwing money at everything and anything in the hopes of keeping the economy afloat.
… this could run into hundreds of billions of dollars.
But at some point the lockdown will end and the handouts will stop.
Then what happens?
- Also read:This weekend’s auction clearance results Saturday May 28th – Markets steady despite post-election surge
- Also read:These are the most affordable suburbs within 10km of each CBD
- Also read:Beware of the unintended economic consequences ahead | Property Insiders [Video]
- Also read:Is there a looming schools shortage?
- Also read:Making an offer on a property – What price should you offer?
Who’s paying for all the government handouts?
That’s what I chat about today with leading economist Dr. Andrew Wilson chief economist of My Housing market.
Watch as we discuss:
- Who's going to pay the bill?
The government has introduced a number of stimulus packages to mimimise unemployment from rising, help businesses survive and assist ordinary Australians put food on the table.
The various stimulus packages have amounted to close to $ 18 Billion dollars – where is this money coming from?
- What Quantitive easing really is and why the RBA is buying government bonds on the open market
- Will this debt ever be paid back?
- Will all this xtra debt will lead to inflammation down the track.
Now is the time to take action and set yourself for the opportunities that will present themselves as the market moves on
If you're wondering what will happen to property in 2020–2021 you are not alone.
In challenging times like we are currently experiencing you need an advisor who takes a holistic approach to your wealth creation and that's what you exactly what you get from the multi award winning team at Metropole.
If you're looking at buying your next home or investment property here's 4 ways we can help you:
- Strategic property advice. - Allow us to build a Strategic Property Plan for you and your family. Planning is bringing the future into the present so you can do something about it now! This will give you direction, results and more certainty. Click here to learn more
- Buyer's agency - As Australia's most trusted buyers’ agents we've been involved in over $3Billion worth of transactions creating wealth for our clients and we can do the same for you. Our on the ground teams in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane bring you years of experience and perspective - that's something money just can't buy. We'll help you find your next home or an investment grade property. Click here to learn how we can help you.
- Wealth Advisory - We can provide you with strategic tailored financial planning and wealth advice. Click here to learn more about we can help you.
- Property Management - Our stress free property management services help you maximise your property returns. Click here to find out why our clients enjoy a vacancy rate considerably below the market average, our tenants stay an average of 3 years and our properties lease 10 days faster than the market average.