How many investment properties does the average Australian own?
Probably not as many as you think according to the latest ATO statistics.
While almost 75 per cent of the 2 million Australians with rental properties had just one investment, 118,412 investors had three.
But the number of investors with interests in five or more rental properties jumped 6.3 per cent to 37,213 in 2014-15.
Yet despite all the success stories you read in the property magazine, there are only 19,198 Australians with an interest in six or more investment properties.
According to the ATO the number of taxpayers claiming a net rental loss (negative gearing) fell 1.8 per cent to 1.28 million.
And rental losses fell 2.3 per cent to $11.1 billion due to falling interest rates.
If there were 100 Australians:
- Also read:Here’s how to avoid these 12 common reasons property investors fail to build a Multi Million Dollar Property Portfolio
- Also read:Heat comes out of the housing market as values across Melbourne dip and Sydney slows | Corelogic Home Value Index
- Also read:Latest property price forecasts for 2024 revealed. What’s ahead in our housing markets in the next year or two?
- Also read:Sydney property market forecast for 2024
- Also read:Home Price Growth Still Strong Over November | Latest Housing Market Stats
- 16 would own an investment property and
- 84 would not own an investment property.
Of every 100 property investors :
- 76 had a rental loss (they negatively geared - 1.28 million Australians)
- 24 had a net rental profit
- 75 owned just one investment property
- 19 owned two properties
- 6 owned three properties
- 2 owned four properties (118,412 Australians)
- 1 owned five properties (37,213 Australian)
- 1 owned six or more properties (19,198 Australians)
Are you going to take advantage of the property markets in 2017 or are you going to get caught by the traps ahead?
If so and you’re looking for independent advice, no one can help you quite like the independent property investment strategists at Metropole.
Remember the multi award winning team of property investment strategists at Metropole have no properties to sell, so their advice is unbiased.
Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned property investor, we would love to help you formulate an investment strategy or do a review of your existing portfolio, and help you take your property investment to the next level.
Please click here to organise a time for a chat. Or call us on 1300 20 30 30.
When you attend our offices you will receive a free copy of my latest 2 x DVD program Building Wealth through Property Investment in the new Economy valued at $49.