In 5 years of studying rich people, I found they use a daily tool that never occurs to most of us
We've all heard about to-do lists.
The best to-do lists incorporate daily activities that help move you forward in life towards accomplishing your goals.
But to-do lists alone will not make you a success.
While it's important to get things done, it's equally important to avoid doing things that wash out all of the benefits of a to-do list habit.
You probably never heard of a "to-don't" list before.
I discovered this little-known secret strategy in my five-year study of the daily habits of rich people.
A to-don't list is a daily list that includes things you should never do because they are either time wasters, bad habits, or things that hold you back from having a happy and successful life.
To-don't lists are just as important as to-do lists.
The rich in my study fostered success in their lives by diligently doing certain things every day ... and diligently avoiding certain activities.
They eke out a living and struggle to just get by, unaware that they are engaging in destructive activities on a daily basis that makes success impossible.
They're engaging in the habits that might appear on a typical to-don't list, like:
• Don't watch more than one hour of TV today.
• Don't waste time today on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram etc.
• Don't envy anyone today.
• Don't make any impulse purchases today.
• Don't gossip today.
- Also read:10 BIG Benefits of setting up an SMSF or a Family SMSF
- Also read:How Many Billionaires Are There in Australia?
- Also read:What You Think About Most Is What You Get: Unleash Your Mind’s Power to Shape Your Reality
- Also read:Visualizing the World’s Growing Millionaire Population (2012-2022)
- Also read:Financial stability amidst the high cost of living
• Don't gamble today.
• Don't drink in excess today.
• Don't lose my temper today.
• Don't ignore my family today.
• Don't read negative news articles today.
• Don't procrastinate today.
• Don't ridicule anyone today.
• Don't hate anyone today.
• Don't smoke a cigarette today.
• Don't be negative today.
For those who have a lot of bad habits, to-don't lists they may be more important than to-do lists.
To-don't lists help keep you aware of the things you should not be doing.
Knowing what not to do is just as important in achieving success as knowing what to do.
When you ask yourself that question, only then will you become aware of the daily habits that are constantly pulling you backwards.
To-do's, while a great tool that helps improve your chances for success, only get you halfway there.
To-don'ts take you the rest of the way.