To have a better lifestyle you don’t actually need to earn more money, you just need to use the money you earn now in a better way.
These are the words of my guest in today’s podcast, Angela Santalia, who has written a book called The Money Messenger, and today you’ll hear her thoughts on how to control your money and live the life you want.
Now while many people listen to this podcast because they’re interested in property investing, money management is a critical part of any type of investing, and especially real estate investing.
You need good money management to save your first deposit and once you own a property or two, money management is even more important.
And even if you don’t have money problems, I think you’ll enjoy my chat with Angela today as she says she has some financial strategies to become wealthier by making your money work for you.
And of course, I will also be sharing my regular mindset message with you.
The Money Messenger
Navigating the world of personal finance can be overwhelming, yet with some smart planning, a good strategy, and an understanding of the basics you should be able to develop the money-management skills you need to get your finances under control.
Angela Santalia has over two decades of experience working in the Australian Financial Planning industry as a Financial Paraplanner Strategist.
Her clients are other financial planners and through her experience, she has learned a lot about money, people, and which spending habits do and don’t work.
Angela runs a thriving website called The Money Messenger, which features a blog, resources, tools, YouTube videos, and more where Angela shares her money management knowledge with the public.
Angela was ‘Young Investor of the Year’ Runner Up in 2017 for Your Investment Property Magazine.
Subjects Angela and I discuss:
- Angela’s The Money Messenger blog, where she aims to get young Australians talking about money.
- Angela shares her own financial planning and investment experience along with tools and resources.
- Angela believes that young people need to learn about money because the things you do in your 20s and 30s continue to affect you in your 40s and 50s.
- Financial mistakes can follow you for years.
- Angela explains that young people may have parents that don’t necessarily understand money either.
- Life is also very different now, with different job and life roles, different kinds of debt, and different family structures at different times
- Young people today also want more freedom, choice, and flexibility than their parents had.
- Angela recently published a new book, The Money Messenger
- She wrote it because she saw a problem with a lack of financial knowledge among people in their 20s and 30s.
- People in their 40s also like the book and wish they’d had it when they were younger.
- The purpose of The Money Messenger is to teach readers how to get wealthy by using their own money correctly and investing wisely
- Angela explains why people need more than one bank account.
- She also talks about the importance of paying off credit cards.
- According to Angela, one of the biggest complaints from millennials is that they can’t save.
- Most other complaints stem from that main one.
- Angela believes that young people need a plan for the future and that they’ll never have enough without investing.
Angela Santalia – The Money Messenger
As our markets move forward why not get the team at Metropole to build you a personalized Strategic Property Plan – this will help both beginning and experienced investors.
Get a bundle of eBooks and reports www.PodcastBonus.com.au
Some of our favorite quotes from the show:
“In fact, the average Australian’s wealth grew more in the last year than it did during the preceding three years combined.” – Michael Yardney
“Part of the reason you can’t save is because you’ve got no idea where your money’s going.” – Michael Yardney
“The truth may hurt, but the world doesn’t owe you anything.” – Michael Yardney
PLEASE LEAVE US A REVIEW
Reviews are hugely important to me because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes - it's your way of passing the message forward to others and saying thank you to me. Here's how
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.