If you’re a business owner, entrepreneur, or professional, then this show, the first of a new series, is for you.
Do you work 50 to 70 hours a week or more?
Not including the time you spend on phone calls and emails at nights and on weekends?
Can you go away from your business and return to find that it’s made money while you were gone, or does it stop when you do?
Are you sure that you have a business?
Or has it turned into just another job?
In this episode, we’ll talk about the concept of a business that works even without you, and how you can begin to get to that point.
We’ll also talk about the three levels of business and how you can gain control over your revenue and freedom within your business.
- What can happen when you take a vacation from your own business
- Whether you really have control when you become self-employed
- The three levels of business
- Level 1: When you first launch your business. You have no freedom and no control. You’re working long hours because you have to get things done yourself. The business relies 100% on you.
- Level 2: You have more control, but still no freedom. The business is working only as long as you do. There’s no additional revenue coming in when you’re not there.
- Level 3: You have total control and total freedom. You’re the owner of a business that runs even when you’re not there.
- Three steps people can take to free themselves from the responsibility of everything in your business
- 1. Know your role in your business
- 2. Determine your pit crew
- 3. Delegate effectively
Mark Creedon – Business Coach to some of Australia’s leading entrepreneurs
“People leave their jobs to become entrepreneurs, businesspeople, and they don’t really recognize that they’re trading one boss for lots of bosses. They’re called customers, clients, patients sometimes.”
”I’ve found most people fall into the self-employment trap.” –Michael Yardney
“I actually have gotten to the point of having a business, not a job. But that doesn’t mean I’ve retired. Because I’ve got nothing better to do, I still have fun doing it.” –Michael Yardney
PLEASE LEAVE US A REVIEW
Reviews are hugely important to me because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes - it's your way of passing the message forward to others and saying thank you to me. Here's how.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.