Why do the rich keep getting richer? What do the rich do differently?
Being rich has little to do with money itself, but it has a lot to do with how you think about money.
If you want to become rich, one of the first steps is to know how the wealthy think about money and act around money.
We’ve been doing a continuing series on the success habits of the rich.
Listen to today’s episode to learn about even more success habits of the rich.
- Successful people ask the right questions – questions which put them in a productive, creative mindset and a positive emotional state. They understand that the better the questions they ask, the better the answers they get and the better the results they achieve.
- Successful people have clarity and certainty about what they want (and don’t want) for their life. They actually visualize and plan their future while others are merely spectators of life.
- While the poor believe rich people are lucky, the Rich know luck has nothing to do with their success.
- The Rich are voracious life-long learners. They constantly work at educating themselves, sometimes formally and academically; but more often informally by asking, watching, reading or listening and also experimentally by doing, trying, failing and trying again.
- Successful people are glass half full people – while still being practical and down-to-earth. They have an ability to find the good in everything around them rather than look for faults, problems or stumbling blocks.
- Putting it another way…the poor focus on obstacles in their way while the Rich focus on all the opportunities all around them.
- While many people are pleasure junkies and avoid pain and discomfort at all costs, successful people understand the value and benefits of working through the tough stuff that most others avoid.
- The poor believe they aren’t worthy of wealth, while the Rich believe they deserve to be rich.
- Successful people are adaptable and embrace change. They are comfortable with and embrace the new and the unfamiliar, while the majority of us are creatures of comfort and habit.
- The poor often resent successful and rich people (you know what I mean…they’re waiting for the property market to collapse on those who’ve worked hard to buy an investment.) On the other hand, the Rich admire other rich and successful people.
“I think the rich people recognise that they’re lucky because they’ve worked hard and they made their own luck.” –Michael Yardney
“It’s not just reading, I guess, when we’re talking about educating. It’s listening to podcasts like this, it’s watching videos, it’s reading blogs as well.” –Michael Yardney
“Most of us don’t like change to some degree because it’s uncomfortable. The more in control you are of all elements of your life, the better you feel. But change is going to occur, so why not be adaptable?” –Michael Yardney
PLEASE LEAVE US A REVIEW
Reviews are hugely important to me because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes - it's your way of passing the message forward to others and saying thank you to me. Here's how.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.