This week we learn some investment lessons from the most successful investor in the world.
In my mindset moment, I’m going to share some quotes from Warren Buffett.
Learn to Invest From the Most Successful Investor in the World
Warren Buffett’s investment philosophy includes:
- Adhering to a proven investment strategy.
- Being a counter cycle investor.
- Specialize not diversify.
- Being a value investor.
- Take a long term view and invest for the long term.
- Don’t invest in anything you don’t understand.
- Manage your risks.
- Bad times will come and go with surprising frequency.
Warren Buffett Quotes
- The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no to almost everything.
- What we learn from history is that most people don’t learn from history.
- Diversification is protection against ignorance.
- You only have to do a few things right in your life as long as you don’t do too many things wrong.
What are the best structures for owning an investment property : Ken Raiss
- Decide your structure well before you buy
- Buy a family home in your personal name
- For investments ask what you expect out of it
- Trusts can be an option depending on what you want
- A self-managed super fund is a form of trust with tax benefits later on
- Ask what your primary source of income is when deciding tax advantages for the type of trust you choose.
- Property trusts for personal and discretionary trusts for businesses
- Trusts with family lineage clauses
- Testamentary trust set up after death as part of a will
- Specific advice for your particular circumstances are ideal
Links and resources:
- Michael Yardney
- Episode 1 Why It Is Important to Buy Investment Grade Property
- Warren Buffett
- Metropole Wealth Advisory
- Ken Raiss
- Property Update
Favourite quotes from this episode:
“If you focus on sound financial strategies with a long-term, big picture goal, you will be able to gain financial independence.” Michael Yardney
“Learn the habits of people who are really successful.” Michael Yardney
“To become an expert, you have to do the same thing 100 times not 100 things once.” Michael Yardney
Never miss an episode and keep up with all the good things going on at the Michael Yardney podcast by subscribing on iTunes.
You can also subscribe to MichaelYardneyPodcast.com to keep up with the latest information including bonus material that comes out between the podcasts.
SUBSCRIBE & DON'T MISS A SINGLE EPISODE OF MICHAEL YARDNEY'S PODCAST
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
NEED HELP LISTENING TO MICHAEL YARDNEY'S PODCAST FROM YOUR PHONE OR TABLET?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
PREFER TO SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.