Today I’m going to share 5 ways I’m going to ensure my property investments outperform in this new property cycle.
As we work our way through the second half of this year and the recovery phase of the property cycle, it's typical to take a moment to reflect on the roller coaster ride of the past few years, digging deep into the treasure trove of lessons we've mined along the way.
The episode delves into the crucial role of preparation for inevitable disappointments and property downturns.
I’ll explain the difference between expectations and forecasts.
I’ll be discussing strategies that have always worked, standing the test of time and outperforming fleeting trends.
We’ll prioritize sustainability over sensation and longevity over the limelight.
Ensuring property investment outperformance
My approach to achieving long term property investment success is rooted in time-tested principles, as well as having a long-term focus and a thorough understanding of the market.
Take a look at the five key strategies that I employ to ensure the success of my property investments.
- Maintaining faith in the future, the real estate market, and our capitalist society, despite uncertainties and downturns
- It may seem easier to be pessimistic, but optimism is actually more realistic in the long-term
- Exercising patience, understanding that growing wealth through property investment is a long-term process that requires time and discipline
- The concept of delayed gratification will help keep you on track toward your goals.
- Upholding discipline, sticking to my strategic plan, even when the fruits of those decisions are not immediately visible
- Discipline means not making decisions based on your reactions to the most recent news. You’re playing a long game, so stick to your plan
- Building a reliable team around me and acknowledging that property investment is a process not an event
- Remember that free advice is not necessarily good advice. Surround yourself with professionals you can trust
- I avoid making forecasts, but I have expectations based on past experiences, and of course, I don’t tie them to a specific time frame
These five strategies reflect an investment philosophy that emphasizes long-term growth, strategic planning, and continuous learning.
Understanding these principles can significantly increase your chances of success in property investment.
Links and Resources:
Get a bundle of eBooks and reports – www.PodcastBonus.com.au
Some of our favourite quotes from the show:
“I confidently believe in the ability of our capitalist society to prosper on the back of our collective ingenuity.”
“I expect the property market is going to boom over the next couple of years and then prices will slump again – but I don’t know when that will happen.”
“New habits will allow you to reach high levels of performance and achievement that enable you to get there.”
PLEASE LEAVE US A REVIEW
Reviews are hugely important to me because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes - it's your way of passing the message forward to others and saying thank you to me. Here's how
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.