Ever wondered why some property investors hit the jackpot while others barely scrape by?
Well in today’s show Brett Warren, and I shed light on strategies and philosophies that make a successful property investor.
We reveal that the high-achievers do not come from a cookie-cutter background, but instead, a wide array of life stories and income levels.
It's less about the size of your paycheck and more about financial discipline, so tune in to learn how to supercharge your property investment journey.
The Blueprint of Successful Property Investing
In my chat with Brett Warren, we explore the essential traits that set high-achieving investors apart.
These key qualities can offer a roadmap to those looking to supercharge their property investment journey.
11 Key Traits Shared by Successful Investors:
- Having a long-term investment strategy
- They understand that property investment is a process, not an event.
- Keeping emotions in check during the investment process
- They treat their property like a business and decide with their heads, not their hearts.
- Understanding the importance of capital growth
- Capital growth is the key to successful property investment.
- Focusing on quality over quantity in property investments
- They distinguish between investment properties and investment-grade properties.
- Taking a long-term view of property investment
- They know how to delay gratification.
- Understanding the need for a team of professionals
- They know how to hire and listen to experts.
- Having the ability to step back and say 'no' to perceived opportunities that may not align with their investment goals
- They know it’s as important to know when to say no as it is to know when to say yes.
- Evolving, adapting, and continuously learning
- Learning and adapting helps investors stay ahead of the curve.
- Developing a diversified portfolio
- Successful investors have properties in different areas and move from passive to more active investing strategies.
- Having the tenacity to push through challenges
- They know how to stay the course even through difficult times.
- Coming from many different backgrounds
- Successful investors come from all walks of life – there’s no one background that guarantees success or failure.
Understanding these traits can offer invaluable insights for anyone looking to invest in the property market.
By adopting these traits, one can increase their chances of success in property investment.
Remember, success in property investment is not about earning big bucks alone but about maintaining financial discipline, making strategic decisions, and being resilient amidst market fluctuations.
Links and Resources:
Brett Warren – National Director Metropole Property Strategists
Get the team at Metropole to help build your personal Strategic Property Plan Click here and have a chat with us
Get a bundle of eBooks and reports = www.PodcastBonus.com.au
Some of our favorite quotes from the show:
“The trouble is that if you listen to who most people listen to, if you follow what most of the blogs, the podcasts, the things on Instagram are about, you're going to get the same result as those.” – Michael Yardney
“Some investors think about what's going to happen in a year or two, but the wealthier people wonder what's going to happen in a decade or two.” – Michael Yardney
“I think the point I'm trying to make you is all successful people stand on the shoulders of others – their mentors.” – Michael Yardney
PLEASE LEAVE US A REVIEW
Reviews are hugely important to me because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes - it's your way of passing the message forward to others and saying thank you to me. Here's how
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.