Backed by extensive research people’s number 1 soul-crushing regret in their life probably won’t surprise you.
Romantic regrets for women are the most common type.
For men, work regrets are the most crippling.
People regretted actions and inactions to equal degrees.
But, it was regrets about things people didn’t do that lasted the longest.
Here is a list of the most commonly described regrets:
1. Romance, lost love – 18.1%
2. Family – 15.9%
3. Education – 13.1%
4. Career – 12.2%
5. Finance – 9.9%
6. Parenting – 9.0%
7. Health – 6.3%
8. Other – 5.6%
9. Friends – 3.6%
10. Spirituality – 2.3%
- Also read:What makes an A-grade property?
- Also read:Auction clearance results December 9th – Clearance Rates Generally Ease as Auction Year Fades
- Also read:The Top 50 Most Visited Websites in the World
- Also read:The Rental Squeeze: Exploring Australia’s Strained Housing Markets | Property Insiders [Video]
- Also read:Latest Asking Prices State by State | Listings and asking prices steady in lead up to market hiatus
Knowing that regrets about inaction weigh on your heart far more heavily than things you actually do, are you truly willing to kiss goodbye the opportunity to learn about how to invest like a professional?
At the very end of your life, is this something you feel you can live with?
The choice is up to you
Don’t regret your inaction.
Next time you see a function or a seminar from someone you trust, whose advice is hard-won and valuable... maybe you’d just better say “Yes – I’ll be there!”.