How does money influence you?
When does money go from being a positive, to a negative force in our lives?
- When it becomes an obsession, and it’s one of the last things you think about before going to sleep, and the first thing you think of when you wake up.
- If you judge the integrity and calibre of the people you meet by their bank account, their clothes, or the car they drive.
- If you judge your self-worth by your bank account, your clothes, or the car you drive.
- If your sense of self is seriously compromised when we either make a lot more money, or lose a lot of money.
- If you are more concerned with money than you are with your health, your relationships, your engagement in new projects, or your enjoyment of a nice night out.
- When it negatively impacts your most meaningful relationships.
- When money becomes more important than principles.
I’m not for one minute suggesting that there is any problem with being seriously financially wealthy, if that’s your goal.
However, I am saying that our views about money can sometimes get out of kilter and damage our emotional well-being and our relationships.
So… how do your views about money affect you?
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of michael yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to michael yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.