With all the bad news in the press lately it's easy to wonder if things were better in the good old days.
For mine, it's easy to forget, but important to remember that we are really living in the best of times - at the best time in history and in the best country in the world.
I was recently reminded of this when reading a report from James Altucher.
Guess which century had the lowest level of violence ever as a percentage of the population and as measured by how much of that percentage died of a violent death?
If you guessed the 20th Century, the century with two world wars, Vietnam, Korea, the Cold War, the threat of nuclear annihilation, and many other regional conflicts, then you would be correct.
- Also read:What makes an A-grade property?
- Also read:Latest property price forecasts for 2024 revealed. What’s ahead in our housing markets in the next year or two?
- Also read:Here’s how to avoid these 12 common reasons property investors fail to build a Multi Million Dollar Property Portfolio
- Also read:Sydney property market forecast for 2024
- Also read:Boom to bust: What makes property prices rise and fall
Here’s some charts worth thinking about
These charts represent not hopeful thinking but facts about the direction of where the world is going...