The boom in Aussie jobs growth is poised to continue.
And that's great for our economy and the property markets.
Jobs vacancies really are booming now, up to a seasonally adjusted 203,700.
Vacancies are by +15.4 per cent year-on-year, and now sit at the highest level on record.
- Also read:What makes an A-grade property?
- Also read:Latest Asking Prices State by State | Listings and asking prices steady in lead up to market hiatus
- Also read:Latest property price forecasts for 2024 revealed. What’s ahead in our housing markets in the next year or two?
- Also read:Here’s how to avoid these 12 common reasons property investors fail to build a Multi Million Dollar Property Portfolio
- Also read:Heat comes out of the housing market as values across Melbourne dip and Sydney slows | Corelogic Home Value Index
Overall, really strong numbers here, suggesting that the present rate of employment growth - at about +325,000 over the year to August - will continue over the year ahead.
Jobs vacancies tend to be a decent indicator of what's to come, at least in the immediate future, and with vacancies now approaching 1.6 per cent of the labour force, an improvement in the unemployment rate looks like a shoo-in.
Reduced mortgage stress should therefore also follow over the year ahead as the unemployment rate falls and wages rise.
Very much an upbeat data release for Australia.