Home Lending surges
CoreLogic reported that housing prices rose in October, and the latest lending figures suggest there's more to come.
Investor lending rose another 5 per cent in September, but remains modest overall.
But homebuyers are driving the rebound, with owner-occupier lending rising to historical highs, excluding refinancing.
- Also read:Home Price Growth Still Strong Over November | Latest Housing Market Stats
- Also read:Boom to bust: What makes property prices rise and fall
- Also read:Latest property price forecasts for 2024 revealed. What’s ahead in our housing markets in the next year or two?
- Also read:Sydney property market forecast for 2024
- Also read:The Pros and Cons of Property Investment
With responsible lending obligations to be wound back, the growth in mortgage lending suggests we should expect to see double-digit gains for house prices in most capital cities over the coming 12 months.