I picked up these ten commandments from Chris Widener’s website.
Whether you are a business owner, entrepreneur or investor, they are a great reminder of what we should do:
- People are illogical, unreasonable and self-centered (including me). Love them anyway.
- If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Do good anyway.
- If you are successful, you win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway.
- The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
- Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway.
- The biggest people with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the littlest people with the littlest ideas. Think big anyway.
- People favor underdogs, but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
- What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway.
- People really need help, but may attack you if you do help them. Help them anyway.
- Give the world the best you have and you will get kicked in the teeth. Give the best you have anyway.
Also published on Medium.