Today's discussion revolves around a topic that's creating shockwaves throughout Australia – the rental market crisis.
With rental vacancy rates at historic lows and the costs of renting a property skyrocketing, many Australians are finding it difficult to secure stable, affordable housing.
The consequences of this situation are far-reaching, affecting everything from mental health to workforce stability, from family stability to the broader economy.
Overview of my chat about the rental market crisis in Australia with Brett Warren
- What the Australian Bureau of Statistics data says about how many houses there are in Australia and the composition of them.
- The effects of the rental crisis on tenants
- Examination of the impact of the crisis on the economy, mental health, and workforce stability
- Analysis of the challenges in the housing and rental market due to rising population and falling accommodation
- Discussion on the role of rising interest rates, over-regulation, and media influence in the property market
- Government interference in the market and the need for strategic investment planning
- The importance of long-term expectations, rather than forecasts, in shaping success in property investment
- Analysis of challenges in the housing and rental market, including overseas migration and lack of accommodation
While the current property market might not be attractive for investors right now, it’s important to remember that property investment is a long-term game.
Don’t try to time the market or hunt down bargains. Instead, focus all your efforts on buying an investment-grade property in an A-grade location that will hold its value in the long term.
Remember, the rental crisis is only worsening further, with no end in sight.
Now would be a great time to buy an investment property and enjoy high demand while trying to be a part of the rental crisis solution. You may even inspire others to do the same.
Links and Resources:
Get the team at Metropole to help build your personal Strategic Property Plan Click here and have a chat with us
Get a bundle of eBooks and reports = www.PodcastBonus.com.au
Some of our favorite quotes from the show:
“In other words, the government isn't even trying to help tenants.”
- Michael Yardney
“But in fact, a lot of Australians rent just because they choose to. It's the stage of their life.”
- Michael Yardney
“Successful people have this empowering belief that they're responsible for what they make of any given situation.”
- Michael Yardney
PLEASE LEAVE US A REVIEW
Reviews are hugely important to me because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes - it's your way of passing the message forward to others and saying thank you to me. Here's how
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.