Regular listeners know I like to share my thoughts not only about wealth creation but also about success, and I have had the privilege of speaking with extraordinary guests who have achieved amazing things, and today is no exception.
Today we’ll talk about overcoming adversity, pursuing passion, and achieving personal success, and my guest today, Kevin Rempel embodies all of that and more.
He's a man whose story is an embodiment of the phrase 'triumph over adversity'.
We dive into his journey, the highs and lows, the victories and setbacks, and the lessons he's learned along the way to become a paralympic champion.
Highlights From My Chat with Kevin Rempel
Are you facing some challenges at present?
Let’s see if we can help you today by speaking with my guest today, Kevin Rempel is a Canadian sledge hockey player, who has faced more than his fair share of challenges, including being told he may never walk again after a motocross accident as well as a family tragedy.
Despite this, he became a World Champion in 2013 and a Sochi Paralympic bronze medallist in 2014.
He’s also an author, motivational speaker, and hero to many.
He's turned his adversities into advantages, creating a legacy of resilience and determination.
- After his motocross accident, Kevin faced many challenges. However, he’d seen the example he didn’t want to follow in his father, who was paralyzed several years previously and sadly took his own lie.
- He also wanted to be like the heroes he looked up to and have a comeback story.
- Sledge hockey is an adaptation of ice hockey that’s played sitting down.
- Kevin says he’s been able to live out his motocross dreams through sledge hockey
- It took motivation, discipline, and focusing on building the right habits to play at his level
- Kevin focused on:
- Being a hero for himself
- Showing up for his team
- Remembering that he and the team were there to show up for Canada
- This helped him focus on the big goals, shaping his mindset one step and one day at a time, despite setbacks
- Kevin focused on:
- Mindset is something that Kein believes can help overcome challenges.
- He finds it important to be on stage as a speaker and author, finding meaning and purpose in helping others face their own challenges and develop a resilient mindset.
- Asking for help is vital, and it takes three steps:
- In terms of finding balance in your life, Kevin suggests reframing “balance” to “harmony”
- Also explains that unless a person makes time, they won’t have time.
- Kevin describes his coaching framework, The Hero Mindset Blueprint
- He’s most proud of sharing his story and using it to help others with their own challenges.
Links and Resources:
Kevin Rempel - The Hero Mindset
Connect with Kevin Rempel on Linked In
Get a bundle of eBooks and reports = www.PodcastBonus.com.au
Some of our favourite quotes from the show:
“We’ve all got our challenges, and until we hear people like you who give us such inspiration, sometimes our own little challenges are overwhelming.” – Michael Yardney
“Your path along the road to success is going to be littered with stumbling blocks.” – Michael Yardney
“Have a dream, have a vision, have a focus, and then write down your plan and persevere.” – Michael Yardney
PLEASE LEAVE US A REVIEW
Reviews are hugely important to me because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes - it's your way of passing the message forward to others and saying thank you to me. Here's how
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.