Are you considering buying a new home or an investment property?
If so you’re probably wondering should you buy now or should you wait?
What if prices fall further this year?
A better question would be - how important is it to get your timing right and what are the most important factors involved in the long-term performance of your investment property?
With my guest today, Stuart Wemyss we’re going to uncover what really makes the big difference in a property’s long-term performance.
- Why Stuart decided to study the factors that affected property investment performance
- Which variables Stuart looked at and which variables were most important
- What would happen to your property’s performance if negative gearing or capital gains tax change
- The importance of choosing the right property
- How Stuart’s research fits in with some golden rules in his book Investopoly
- Play the long game
- Grow your asset base first and then tilt toward income
- Set your asset allocation to reduce risk and maximise returns
- Only invest in ‘investment-grade’ property
Metropole’s Strategic Property Plan – to help both beginning and experienced investors
Stuart Wemyss’ blog discussed in this show: How important is it to buy property at the bottom of the market?
Stuart Wemyss’ special offer: Save 30% off the price of his book Investopoly – Go to https://www.prosolution.com.au/books/ and use the code “Yardney” to get a 30% discount.
”We’re all wonderfully different. We’re all unique and we really shouldn’t be measured with the same metrics, should we?” –Michael Yardney
“For things to come out differently, you have to do things differently.” –Michael Yardney
“If you can’t buy an investment-grade property, the usually the right thing to do is nothing. Just wait until you’ve got enough money.”
PLEASE LEAVE US A REVIEW
Reviews are hugely important to me because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes - it's your way of passing the message forward to others and saying thank you to me. Here's how.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.