While you are probably here to learn about property investment, finance, or money, today I’ve got something a little different but exciting in store for you.
If you're an entrepreneur, investor, or anyone charting their path towards personal growth and success, this episode is an absolute must-listen.
You've probably heard the name Seth Godin—a best-selling author and a guy who genuinely understands the mechanics of personal and business success.
In this episode, Mark Creedon and I will do an in-depth exploration of Seth Godin's 14 game-changing ideas.
One of the reasons Seth Godin's ideas resonate so well is that they challenge traditional thinking.
They push us to question the status quo and consider how we can be not just different, but better—better investors, better businesspeople, better individuals.
Lessons from Seth Godin
Mark and I discuss Godin's game-changing ideas for navigating a saturated market and the importance of learning from mistakes.
We also touch on the significance of mentorship, the strength of community, and the power of creativity and intuition in personal development and success.
These are his 14 ideas we discuss:
1. How dare you settle for less when the world has made it so easy for you to be remarkable?
- Embrace the potential within yourself and don't settle for mediocrity when greatness is within reach.
2. Soon is not as good as now.
- Waiting for the perfect moment can leave you stuck in a loop of procrastination.
3. If failure is not an option, then neither is success.
- Without the risk of failure, there's no opportunity for growth.
4. If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.
- It's outside our comfort zones where real growth happens.
5. In a crowded marketplace, fitting in is failing.
- In business and in life, those who dare to be different are the ones who get noticed.
6. We believe what we want to believe, and once we start believing it, it is the truth.
- Our beliefs shape our reality. Cultivate positive beliefs that propel you forward.
7. Your art is what you do when no one can tell you exactly how to do it.
- In investing and in life, innovate, and don’t follow a template.
8. Change almost never fails because it's too early. It almost always fails because it's too late.
- Adaptation to change is crucial to help you stay ahead of the crowd
9. The secret of leadership is simple: Do what you believe in. Paint a picture of the future. Go there. People will follow.
- Have conviction in your vision and lead your followers with compassion.
10. The people who are the best in the world specialize in getting really good at the questions they don't know.
- Never stop learning and don’t be afraid to explore questions when you don’t know the answers.
11. You have everything you need to build something far bigger than yourself.
- Don’t limit yourself. Use your skills, knowledge, and ambition to build a legacy.
12. Quitting is not the same as failing.
- Knowing when to quit and change direction is a sign of wisdom.
13. The cost of being wrong is less than the cost of doing nothing.
- Even if your action is wrong, you’ll gain more by learning from that than from doing nothing.
14. The secret to being wrong isn't to avoid being wrong. The secret is to be willing to be wrong. - If you never try anything new for fear of being wrong, you'll never innovate or grow. Be willing to be wrong, learn, and keep moving forward.
- The learning process involves taking risks and making mistakes. You need those experiences to learn and grow.
These ideas challenge us to think differently, to be daring, and to continually strive for excellence.
Let them inspire you in your continued journey toward success and personal growth!
Links and Resources:
Get the team at Metropole to help build your personal Strategic Property Plan Click here and have a chat with us
Why not join Metropole’s Mastermind Business Accelerator
Learn more about Mark Creedon – Business Coach to some of Australia’s leading entrepreneurs
Get a copy of Mark’s new book here – Have a Business, not a Job
Subscribe to Mark’s Mastermind for Business Podcast here
Get a bundle of eBooks and reports – www.PodcastBonus.com.au
Some of our favorite quotes from the show:
“Every time you make a decision, you've got a choice either to do it or not, to do it well or not to do it well.” – Michael Yardney
“If you do what everyone else does, you're going to get the same results as everyone else, and they're actually not pretty.” – Michael Yardney
“Yes, you've got to have confidence in yourself, but also confidence that the world is a good place and there's still great opportunities around and you can grow yourself into a bigger person.” – Michael Yardney
PLEASE LEAVE US A REVIEW
Reviews are hugely important to me because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes - it's your way of passing the message forward to others and saying thank you to me. Here's how
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.