Welcome to this month’s Big Picture episode of the Michael Yardney Podcast, where Pete Wargent and I dissect the multitude of macroeconomic factors currently shaping our housing markets and the broader economy.
We analyze the recent interest rate hike by the Reserve Bank and dissect its ramifications on the housing markets and the broader economic landscape in Australia against the backdrop of the global economic squeeze created by two major wars.
Whether you're an investor, a homeowner, or just a curious mind, this monthly deep dive promises to keep you informed and ahead of the curve.
We’ll also explore future trends in the property market, considering factors like population growth, urban living allure, and the demand for medium-density dwellings. Pete and I also discuss the announcements from major banks and financial firms about bonuses linked to office attendance.
Highlights from our discussion:
- The Reserve Bank's recent interest rate hike and its implications for Australian housing and broader economic markets. This may be the peak or there may be another one in December.
- How seasonality affects spending and rates.
- The effects of global economic conditions, including two major wars, on Australia's economic landscape.
- The correlation between record-high immigration levels and strains on the rental market in Australia.
- Factors fueling housing demand, including the re-emergence of Chinese capital and inflation in housing prices.
- The state of market affordability, performance, and the pressure exerted by a spike in temporary visas and shrinking average household size on the rental market.
- Future trends in Australia's property market, with a focus on population growth and its impact on housing.
- The influence of rising interest rates and affordability challenges on the allure of urban living and the costs of relocating regionally.
- The possibility of continued price growth in the market, the demand for medium-density dwellings, and the recent announcements from major banks and financial firms linking bonuses to office attendance.
Links and Resources:
Metropole’s Strategic Property Plan – to help both beginning and experienced investors
Get a bundle of free reports and eBooks – www.PodcastBonus.com.au
Some of our favorite quotes from the show:
“Overall apartments are performing pretty nicely, not as strongly as houses, but I guess people are changing how they want to or how they can afford to live.” – Michael Yardney
“When we look at where money was spent tp push up the CPI, there was a lot of money spent on transport. That remained high. That was up 18.4% on last year.” – Michael Yardney
“So, when you pursue a dream, you germinate those seeds of success that exist within you.” – Michael Yardney
PLEASE LEAVE US A REVIEW
Reviews are hugely important to me because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes - it's your way of passing the message forward to others and saying thank you to me. Here's how
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.