How will Australia’s property markets change over the next decade?
Where will our property markets be in 10 years’ time?
What will they look like and what are the major factors that affect our property markets over that time?
Now they are some good questions – aren’t they?
Listen as Ahmad Imam and I discuss what we expect to happen to Australian property in the next decade
You’ll hear us discuss...
- The major trends that will affect our property markets over the next decade including:
- Demographic trends
- Population growth – household formation
- How we want to live
- Where we want to live
- Economic trends
- We’re transitioning from a manufacturing country and a resource-led economy to an economy based on service industries
- What will this do to where job growth will occur – wages growth will occur – obviously affect housing
- How we’re going to invest in a lower inflationary and wages growth environment
- How the forecast strong population growth will affect us – it’s not all good news – there certainly are some challenges ahead
- Population growth and the wealth of the nation will underpin property values – we need both.
- Over the last year, the annual growth in Australia was estimated to be almost 400,000 people.
- Around 60% of this growth is due to immigration, but now there are moves to reduce the cap on Australia’s permanent migrant intake to 160,000 per annum, but the overall pace of net overseas migration is faster than this, partly accounted for by international students.
- What are the implications of these changes and where all these people are moving to?
- Why population growth alone won’t create economic growth, and what is really needed.
- A big demographic trend that will shape our property markets, but doesn’t seem to be mentioned much.
- Our ageing population means we have more one and 2 people households, meaning the type of property that will be in continuous strong demand will be different in the future with more people trading backyards for courtyards and balconies. More single older people, more DINK’s, more empty nesters, more young singles getting married later.
- Smaller average household size means we need more dwellings for the same number of people
- Where the best investment opportunities will be over the next decade and why. - You’ll have to watch the video to get my recommendations.
Wealth Retreat 2019
We also discuss Wealth Retreat 2019 which be held on the Gold Coast on June 8th to 12th.
Click here to find out more and register your interest
By the way...
- Wealth Retreat is not really a property seminar, even though we do spend a lot of time talking about property.
- Wealth Retreat is about creating lifetime wealth and leaving a legacy.
- It is aimed at already successful property investors, business people and entrepreneurs.
- We have Australia’s leading faculty of property, tax, finance, financial planning economic and business growth experts.
- I’ve found many of the attendees from previous years felt isolated in their wealth creation journey and by joining us they suddenly developed a peer group of like-minded people.
- Find out more at WealthRetreat.com.au image how you will be different after 5 days immersed with a room full of successful movers and shakers.
You can also watch the video of this recording here - My Property Predictions for 2030
Links and Resources:
Some of our favourite quotes from the show:
”If you came back to Australia after a decade of visiting overseas ten years ago, you wouldn’t recognize the shape of our cities.” –Michael Yardney
“Fortunately, we’re creating more jobs – more importantly, full-time jobs – and our unemployment rate’s dropping.” –Michael Yardney
“Town planning regulations are going to need to change to allow us to build more appropriate accommodations – more townhouses, more medium-density, low-rise density accommodation.” –Michael Yardney
PLEASE LEAVE US A REVIEW
Reviews are hugely important to me because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes - it's your way of passing the message forward to others and saying thank you to me. Here's how.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.