Now here’s a question for you - what sort of returns can you expect from your property investments over the next decade?
In today’s episode, independent financial advisor Stuart Wemyss provides an insightful exploration into what you can expect in the coming years.
Unpacking the Next Decade of Property Investment Returns
With a deep dive into data-driven analysis, historical trends, and potential opportunities and risks, my conversation with Stuart offers a wealth of knowledge for those navigating the property investment and rental market landscapes.
We explore the recent period of low rental growth, the contributing factors, and possible solutions to balance the needs of owner-occupiers and investors.
- Potential returns for property investors over the next decade, focusing on data-driven analysis, historical trends, and potential opportunities and risks.
- The average 9.7% rolling decade return for Melbourne and Sydney, which demonstrates the significance of long-term returns over short-term predictions.
- The recent period of low rental growth and the contributing factors, such as low interest rates and dominance of owner-occupiers in the market.
- The need for a balance between owner-occupiers and investors to solve the current rental crisis.
- How to attract more private landlords to provide affordable accommodation and help those who are struggling to enter the mortgage market.
- Recent market changes and their impact on rental and capital growth.
- The potential role of the government in resolving the rental crisis.
- The concept of mean reversion and its potential impact on future returns.
- The importance of being prepared for uncertainties and potential headwinds in the property market.
Links and Resources:
Get the team at Metropole to help build your personal Strategic Property Plan Click here and have a chat with us
Get a bundle of eBooks and reports – www.PodcastBonus.com.au
Some of our favourite quotes from the show:
“But we were talking about the concept that there aren't enough private landlords, and in Australia the system is such that about a third of Australians rent, and not necessarily because they're poor, often just because of the stage of their life.” – Michael Yardney
“There's going to be headwinds this year. Interest rates are going to probably remain a bit higher a bit longer than some expected, inflation is going to take a little bit longer to get under control if the government has its way.” – Michael Yardney
“Rather than keep us alive, our worries are more like spinning on a wheel in a ditch.” – Michael Yardney
PLEASE LEAVE US A REVIEW
Reviews are hugely important to me because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes - it's your way of passing the message forward to others and saying thank you to me. Here's how
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.