Today, I am handing over the show to you, the listener, as I answer your questions about property investment.
I talk about how to acquire multiple properties in today’s tight lending environment, market timing, and pros and cons of cash flow versus capital growth in properties.
In my mindset moment, I am going to share with you four quotes from Richard Branson that have inspired me and just might inspire you too.
Today’s discussion includes:
- The importance of timing (or not) when investing in real estate
- How to grow a 10 property portfolio in the current finance market.
- The pro’s and cons of cash flow positive propertiesThe importance of buying “investment grade” properties
- The 3 big drivers of property values: People (household formation), Purchasing Power, and Supply & Demand
- My “top down” approach to property investing
- How the best time to buy is when you are ready to buy
- The size of your asset base and its performance is more important than the number of properties you own
- While growing your asset base takes a few decades having the right mentors can help shortcut the process
Mindset Message: Four Quotes from Richard Branson
- “Don’t be embarrassed by your failures. Learn from them and start again.”
- “Criticism is a poor reflection on the one who criticizes.”
- “True success should be measured by how happy you are.”
- “Find something that you enjoy and have fun doing.”
Links and resources:
- Michael Yardney
- Rich Habits Poor Habits
- Richard Branson
- Episode 1 Buying Investment Grade Properties
- Episode 2 Is it too late to buy this property cycle?
“Look for locations within capital cities where people have a higher disposable income.” Michael Yardney
“Buy when you can afford to buy, and when you are ready to buy.” Michael Yardney
Never miss an episode and keep up with all the good things going on at the Michael Yardney podcast by subscribing on iTunes.
You can also subscribe to MichaelYardneyPodcast.com to keep up with the latest information including bonus material that comes out between the podcasts.
SUBSCRIBE & DON'T MISS A SINGLE EPISODE OF MICHAEL YARDNEY'S PODCAST
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
PREFER TO SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.