What’s the secret to success?
What does success mean to you?
Is it money, fame, travel, relationships, or the freedom to do what you want when you want?
In today’s episode, I’ll be chatting to entrepreneur Dale Beaumont, as he shares the seven secrets to success he’s learned from working closely with many, many successful people.
Dale Beaumont is a technology entrepreneur, a speaker, and an author.
He began his first business at the age of 19 and has been building businesses ever since.
One of his companies has become a multi-million-dollar enterprise, which has allowed him to become an investor and philanthropist.
He has already mentored many people and is hoping to help one million entrepreneurs around the world with his app Bizversity.
Dale’s 7 Essential Characteristics of Highly Successful People:
- Desire: You really have to want to achieve and be willing to do whatever it takes.
- Determination and resilience: Your success journey won’t be easy. There will be challenges, roadblocks, and failures. You need the determination and resilience to be able to push through those challenges even when things look like they aren’t going to work out.
- Be an action-taker: It’s not enough to seek out good advice and training – you need to act on it. Don’t get so hung up on thinking about how to achieve success that you never end up taking action.
- Self-education: Formal education is important and has its place, but the education you receive outside of formal education that can make the difference to your success.
- Likeability: You can’t achieve success alone. You need a team. And the team that will work best for you is a team that actually likes you. It’s important to treat people well and earn their trust.
- Systemization: It’s important to use your hours in the most efficient way.
- Focus: You only get paid for the projects that you complete. It’s important to develop the focus that you need to see things through to the end.
Links and Resources:
Some of our favourite quotes from the show:
“One of the common traits I’ve found of all successful people is they do have coaches, they do have mentors, they do have advisors, and they’re actually prepared to pay for them.” –Michael Yardney
“We all want a better life. We all want more success, whether it’s in business, in property, or in relationships. But the question is, how far are you prepared to go?” – Michael Yardney
“We tend to get bored with doing things the same way and look for shortcuts or other ways, so I’ve actually found systems in my business being a very great way of making sure that people just do it right, including myself.” – Dale Beaumont
You may also be interested in reading:
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of michael yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to michael yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.