While we usually talk about property money and success, the underlying theme is most people want to become richer so today we're going to dig deep into the true essence of wealth building and that is consistency.
Now you've probably seen or heard about those online success stories, haven't you?
Those narratives that suggest getting rich is a simple matter of having the right idea at the right time or finding the next hot spot.
However, the truth is, it’s not that easy.
So today, I’m joined by Mark Creedon, business coach to some of the most successful businesspeople and entrepreneurs in Australia and CEO of the Metropole Property Group of companies and we'll discuss 21 small actions that will make you rich slowly.
Small actions to make you rich slowly
- Reading books— People tend to learn more from books than from other mediums
- Spending time with smart people— Being around smart people inspires, but it also shows you how they think and operate.
- Asking questions— Curiosity is how people make new discoveries and make better decisions with more information.
- Controlling the urge to buy stuff— Instead of loading up on material possessions, learn to understand the value of money and spend wisely.
- Ignoring fake geniuses— Lots of people pretend to be smarter than they are. Learning to identify and avoid them helps you avoid bad decisions.
- Limiting social media consumption— Excessive use of social media leads to excessive – and passive – consumption, so learn to consume mindfully and put limits on your social media use.
- Working a bit harder than the rest— Putting in extra effort can have great rewards.
- Being deliberate about your actions— Don’t be hasty. Take an extra moment to think before making decisions.
- Enjoying time off to the max— Rest and enjoy recreation in order to return to work fully recharged.
- Working out— Physical fitness gives you the energy you need to pursue wealth.
- Sleeping on it— Solid investments don’t have a deadline. Take a night and sleep on it to avoid rash decision making
- Welcoming feedback— There’s always room for improvement, so welcome opportunities to learn and grow.
- Giving— Don’t be so attached to your wealth that you can’t share. Less attachment allows for more freedom of movement, which leads to more wealth.
- Being okay with being alone— Because many productive actions like thinking, learning, and writing are solo activities, people must be comfortable being alone with themselves. Learning, thinking, writing, improving, working: We do those things alone.
- Improving your skills— The more you improve, the better you’ll perform, and the better you perform, the greater the rewards.
- Aiming high— It takes just as much energy to aim low as it does to aim high, so why not shoot for the stars?
- Sticking to your diet– It’s all about exercising self-control. Discipline and delayed gratification are crucial to wealth-building.
- Sleeping on time and waking up on time— You’re more able to stay focused when you stick to a structured routine.
- Celebrating other people’s success— Choose to take inspiration from others’ successes instead of envying them.
- Buying quality things— Choose quality over quantity or immediacy. Quality performs better and lasts longer, so it pays to wait and save for better.
- Investing in money-making equipment – You can’t do a good job without tools, or with inferior tools. Consider money-making equipment investment in future wealth.
Getting rich is about more than just performing money-generating activities. You need energy, the right mindset, and the right abilities. These will help you become more well-rounded and successful overall, and that will lead to more wealth.
Links and Resources:
Why not join Metropole’s Mastermind Business Accelerator
Learn more about Mark Creedon – Business Coach to some of Australia’s leading entrepreneurs
Get a copy of Mark’s new book here – Have a Business not a Job
Subscribe to Mark’s Mastermind for Business Podcast here
Get a bundle of eBooks and reports – www.PodcastBonus.com.au
Some of our favourite quotes from the show:
“It seems to be harder today despite all the podcasts, despite the blogs, despite the YouTube channels saying getting rich is easy.” – Michael Yardney
“The most important investment you can make is in yourself and in your education.” – Michael Yardney
“You have to keep changing. Look how the world is changing, artificial intelligence is a significant change that’s going to affect all our lives in many, many ways, so keep looking for ways to improve.” –Michael Yardney
PLEASE LEAVE US A REVIEW
Reviews are hugely important to me because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes - it's your way of passing the message forward to others and saying thank you to me. Here's how
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.