2018 is going to be a boom year.
But before you get to concerned about “what I’m on” to make a statement like that, listen to today’s podcast as I share my perspective and why I think this going to be so.
In my mindset moment, I’m going to talk about some interesting perspectives.
Then I have a chat with my good friend Tom Corley about the rich habits that you must teach your children.
Even if you are not a parent, these are still very important lessons.
2018 is going to be a boom year:
- My prediction is that 2018 is going to be a boom year for fright.
- The media is at it again and there is no shortage of scary stuff.
- If you look back every year has been predicted to be a boom year for fright.
- I have invested during property slowdowns, high interest rates, and times when prices were thought to never go up again.
- Despite all of this, the value of my properties keeps doubling allowing me to refinance and buy even more properties.
- There is always bad news and scary headlines in the media.
- This could have given me plenty of reasons not to invest in properties.
- To be a successful property investor, you need to step back and not be scared by every doom and gloom rumour and report.
- People are still living their lives, getting married, having babies moving house etc and a lot of people are getting rich.
- We’re still experiencing strong population growth and all these people have to live somewhere.
- The fundamentals are sound when taking a long-term perspective.
- There are opportunities out there with less competition than last year.
- We are now entering a buyers’ market. Smart investors buy in a buyers’ market.
- 2018 is a great time to educate yourself and take advantage of opportunities.
Mindset Message: It’s all a matter of perspective
- I want to put things into perspective. What are your most important priorities? What are you going to focus on and what are you going to ignore?
- What if you only had 15, 10, or 5 years to live? How much time would you spend obsessing about investments and property rates?
- What if you only had 1 year, 1 month, 5 days, or 24 hours to live what would you spend your time on?
- Now that you have perspective, what are you going to do with the time that you have?
Rich habits you must teach your children:
- Will your child be rich or poor? Are you, as their mentor, teaching them rich or poverty habits.
- Science shows that by the age of nine we have learned most of our habits.
- These habits come from our parents. We mirror our parents thinking, habits, and emotions.
- Emulating bad habits can force you into a situation where you are eeking out a living.
- The beauty of rich habits is that you only need one or two of them to transform your life. Habits like reading and exercising will change your future.
- If you don’t accept responsibility for your life, you won’t even be aware of the issues that are causing you struggles.
- Once you are aware and take responsibility you can make the changes in your life.
- Parents are responsible for most of the poverty in the world by not teaching their kids success habits.
- This is part of the reason why the rich get richer. It’s not too late. People can change and become success oriented.
- You can change your habits anytime all throughout your life no matter what your age.
Links and resources:
- Michael Yardney
- Rich Habits Poor Habits
- Thomas C. Corley Rich Habits
- Will your child be rich or poor? – 15 Poverty Habits parents teach their children
- National Property & Economic Market Update Promo Code: Podcast
- Dr. Andrew Wilson
- Ken Raiss
- I Spent 5 Years Studying Rich and Poor People and I Would Like to Share What Separates The Rich From the Poor
- Episode 1: What Makes an Investment Grade Property | Become the Pilot of Your Life, Not the Passenger
“If you look back, every year is a boom year for fright. As far back as I can remember, there have always been scary stories from the media.” Michael Yardney
“What you look for is what you see. If you look for bad news, you are going to find it. If you look for opportunity, you will find opportunity.” Michael Yardney
“It is so important to be responsible for your life rather than being a victim.” Michael Yardney
Never miss an episode and keep up with all the good things going on at the Michael Yardney podcast by subscribing on iTunes.
You can also subscribe to MichaelYardneyPodcast.com to keep up with the latest information including bonus material that comes out between the podcasts.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of michael yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to michael yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.