Do you know why the coach is often the first one fired from an unsuccessful sporting team?
It’s often because they were struggling to turn the team into champions, united as one to achieve sporting success.
The same goes with much in life and especially in property investment today.
You see, gone are the days when investors can blindly buy a property in any old place and hoped to be successful.
Today property investment is far more researched and wide-reaching than that, with many investors recognising the benefits of borderless investing or buying outside of your own backyard.
The reason why is that savvy investors have recognised that, “There's gold in them thar hills”.
And those metaphorical hills might be hundreds or thousands of kilometres away in a different State or Territory.
However, such a strategy is not for the uninitiated, which is why smart investors always work with a real estate team for each purchase.
Here are the four core members of any successful real estate team.
It’s vital to understand the difference between a property strategist and someone who is pretending to be one.
A professional property investment adviser will offer independent advice for a fee, just like any other professional service would.
They also never have properties to sell themselves but will have access to investment-grade opportunities around the nation.
They can do that because they work with local area experts, their own team of on-the-ground (not fly in fly out) buyers’ agents, in a multitude of property markets who can complete all the on-the-ground research.
Faux advisers will simply suggest something that they have seen online, or perhaps which they are receiving a selling commission to “recommend” to you.
They are not experts in any market but are only interested in lining their own pockets with your hard-earned cash.
Many novice investors don’t understand that property investment is a game of finance with real estate thrown in the middle.
And the right finance strategy is much more than a low-interest rate, it's setting you up so you can buy the next property and the next.
- Also read:What makes an A-grade property?
- Also read:Latest Asking Prices State by State | Listings and asking prices steady in lead up to market hiatus
- Also read:Latest property price forecasts for 2024 revealed. What’s ahead in our housing markets in the next year or two?
- Also read:Here’s how to avoid these 12 common reasons property investors fail to build a Multi Million Dollar Property Portfolio
- Also read:Heat comes out of the housing market as values across Melbourne dip and Sydney slows | Corelogic Home Value Index
And today, more than ever, a proficient finance broker is a critical part of the team - one who is an expert in property investment and understands how to secure finance for investors, even those ones who are self-employed or have a paucity of the types of paperwork that lenders require.
They also know which lenders are the best fit for investors generally as well as personally.
One of the biggest mistakes that new investors make is trying to manage their properties themselves.
They naively think this will save them money, when the opposite is true.
What usually happens is that they fall foul of legislation or they try to rent their property for more than the market is prepared to pay and it sits empty for weeks and weeks.
Professional property managers, on the other hand, understand market conditions and can advise investors on current market rents as well as new regulations that must be adhered to.
Now when I say accountant, I don’t mean any old accountant.
I mean one who is also a property investment expert.
One of the main reasons why this is vital is so investors can receive the very best advice from the very beginning of their journeys.
This includes advice on the right ownership structures, asset protection, and legal tax minimisation.
There is no “i” in team, whether it’s on the sports field or in wealth creation.
I’ve often said that if you’re the smartest person on your team then you’re in trouble.
And when it comes to property investment, that trouble could cost you your life savings.
Sure the markets are moving on, but not all properties are going to increase in value. Now, more than ever, correct property selection will be critical.
You can trust the team at Metropole to provide you with direction, guidance, and results.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced investor, at times like we are currently experiencing you need an advisor who takes a holistic approach to your wealth creation and that's exactly what you get from the multi-award-winning team at Metropole.
We help our clients grow, protect and pass on their wealth through a range of services including:
- Strategic property advice. – Allow us to build a Strategic Property Plan for you and your family. Planning is bringing the future into the present so you can do something about it now! Click here to learn more
- Buyer’s agency – As Australia’s most trusted buyers’ agents we’ve been involved in over $4Billion worth of transactions creating wealth for our clients and we can do the same for you. Our on the ground teams in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane bring you years of experience and perspective – that’s something money just can’t buy. We’ll help you find your next home or an investment-grade property. Click here to learn how we can help you.
- Wealth Advisory – We can provide you with strategic tailored financial planning and wealth advice. Click here to learn more about we can help you.
- Property Management – Our stress-free property management services help you maximise your property returns. Click here to find out why our clients enjoy a vacancy rate considerably below the market average, our tenants stay an average of 3 years, and our properties lease 10 days faster than the market average.