A new study has revealed the average number of investment properties currently held by Australian investors.
So how do you stack up?
With Sydney’s boom over and many Australian property market cycles starting to slow, many investors want to know where they stand compared to their fellow property owners.
The recent Property Investor Sentiment Survey aims to reveal just that.
Around 28% of the 2,250-plus respondents said they had 5-10 properties, suggesting that a decent proportion of these property investors are already well on their way towards building sizeable portfolios.
These ownership insights,– Australia’s longest-running and largest survey of Australian property investor sentiment – also reveal that 39% of investors own just one or two investment properties.
The total ownership results of our readers are as follows:
- Also read:What makes an A-grade property?
- Also read:Latest Asking Prices State by State | Listings and asking prices steady in lead up to market hiatus
- Also read:Latest property price forecasts for 2024 revealed. What’s ahead in our housing markets in the next year or two?
- Also read:Here’s how to avoid these 12 common reasons property investors fail to build a Multi Million Dollar Property Portfolio
- Also read:Heat comes out of the housing market as values across Melbourne dip and Sydney slows | Corelogic Home Value Index
Interestingly, the current restrictions on loans are making it tricky for investors to broaden their portfolios, with 35% of respondents admitting that the challenge of obtaining a loan is a major deterrent to buying property.
Affordability is another factor, with almost 400 respondents indicating that they lack the deposit or equity to invest further.
The 2017 Property Investor Sentiment Survey showcases insights from 2250 property investors and would-be investors across the country.
Running since 2011, it offers rich and vibrant insights into how property consumer trends and sentiments have changed over time.
Click here and download the full survey results