In today’s Big Picture' episode with Pete Wargent we take an in-depth look at the complexities of Australia’s housing market, economic trends, the impact of generational wealth transfer, and the ripple effects of various factors on the country’s economy.
Whether you're an investor, a homeowner, or just a curious mind, this monthly deep-dive promises to keep you informed and ahead of the curve.
Big Picture Podcast with Pete Wargent
Today we scrutinise the Labor Party's ambitious project to build 1.2 million homes and the myriad challenges this initiative faces, such as a shortage of skilled labor and building materials.
The Labor Party's aim to build 1.2 million homes in Australia.
- There are potential challenges such as skilled labor shortage and material scarcity.
- The impact of peak dwelling completion and the issues arising from poorly constructed units.
- The ripple effects of employment, inflation, and fluctuating interest rates on Australia's economy
- Predictions from leading economists and the recalibration of property value and interest rate forecasts by our major banks
- Most forecasts now suggest that interest rates will not rise further
- After months of property prices rising, banks have finally updated their forecasts
- The significant generational wealth transfer from the baby boomers to younger generations
- The wealth amassed by the baby boomer generation, primarily in residential real estate, and how to effectively pass this wealth onto future generations
- The implications of baby boomer parents assisting their children in accommodation on Australia's property markets and wealth inequality
- Instilling good financial habits in children, drawing a strong association between work and earning, and emphasizing the importance of structuring wealth transfer to avoid future complications.
Links and Resources:
Metropole’s Strategic Property Plan – to help both beginning and experienced investors
Get a bundle of free reports and eBooks – www.PodcastBonus.com.au
Some of our favorite quotes from the show:
“If we've got all these people, what about the schools? What about the hospitals? What about the aged care? Lots of issues.” – Michael Yardney
“There's been five, six months of rising property prices and now all the banks are suggesting that values will keep increasing for a couple of years.” – Michael Yardney
“If you don't fail, you'll never reach the level of success that you're capable of attaining.” – Michael Yardney
PLEASE LEAVE US A REVIEW
Reviews are hugely important to me because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes - it's your way of passing the message forward to others and saying thank you to me. Here's how
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.