What’s the biggest differences between the rich and the poor?
And I don’t mean the fact that the rich have more money.
There is a lot more to it than that.
That’s what Tom Corley and I discuss in this week’s Podcast.
I’ve written so much about the big differences between the Rich and the Poor over the years.
In fact, I’ve written the book Rich Habits Poor Habits together with Tom Corley which explains our findings in detail.
I’ve recognised if you want to make a change in your financial life, it must be done in the following 3 steps:
- Awareness —it starts within you – recognising your disempowering beliefs and your “ Poor Habits” – your thoughts and actions.
- Removing — your disempowering beliefs and your ”Poor Habits”
- Reprogramming — working on your beliefs and habits so you can create a new way of being.
The good news is anyone living in modern developed western countries can become rich today.
Listen as I ask Tom the following questions:
- How many in your study were self-made millionaires?
- You found being rich eliminates 67% of Life’s problems – how’s that work?
- How much of a role does luck play?
We also discuss the following habits of successful people:
- All success requires passion
- All success requires unrelenting persistence
- All success requires taking risks
- All success requires action
- All success requires hard work
- All success requires a team of apostles who believe in you and your dream
- All success requires continuous daily self-education
- All success requires a leap of faith
- All success requires patience
- All success requires good daily habits
- All success requires an optimistic, positive mental outlook
- All success requires the development of processes that work
- All success requires adding value to the lives of others
- All success requires creating a herd of followers
- All success requires stepping outside your comfort zone
- All success requires laser-like focus
- All success requires developing unique skills and the acquisition of knowledge specific to your industry
- All success requires creating the opportunity for luck to occur
- All success requires the ability to pivot around obstacles, pitfalls, mistakes and failures
- All success requires the ability to survive until you thrive
So now it’s your choice – who would you rather be like?
If you want to be rich do what rich people do.
If you don’t then do what poor people do – it’s that simple.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.