In today’s podcast, we will be discussing some of the things that I wish I had learned earlier in my life that would have helped me to appreciate my life better.
Whether you are just starting out in life or looking for ways to improve your current situation, I hope my discussion with Mark Creedon today will provide you with some valuable insights that you can apply to your own life.
How to live a fulfilling life
I'm getting into the artificial intelligence program Chat GPT, so I asked “what's the secret to a fulfilling life” and not surprisingly the answer came back:
“As an AI language model, I don't have personal beliefs or experiences, but I can provide you with some general insights on what experts and studies suggest on what makes life fulfilling.
Living a fulfilling life is a highly individual experience, and what works for one person may not work for another.
However, some common elements that contribute to a fulfilling life include:
- Building meaningful relationships with family, friends, and community.
- Pursuing activities and hobbies that bring joy and a sense of purpose.
- Finding work or a career that aligns with personal values and provides a sense of meaning and fulfilment.
- Fostering a sense of gratitude and mindfulness in daily life and focusing on the present moment.
- Practising self-care and prioritizing physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
- Continuously learning and growing, and setting personal goals and challenges to work towards.”
Now I like that list, but what I'd like to chat with you about today is some of the lessons we would have liked to learn earlier in our lives.
Achieving a fulfilling life is really a lifelong journey that requires consistent effort and commitment, but the rewards of living a fulfilled life can be immeasurable.
- Invest in making mistakes: Mistakes are a natural part of life and they teach us important lessons.
- Find work you love: Don't choose a career based on other people's ideas, goals, and recommendations.
- Invest in yourself: Invest a little time, energy, and money in yourself every day.
- Explore new ideas and opportunities: Seek out new experiences as often as possible, and share them with the people you care about.
- Focus on mastering fewer skills: It's better to be an expert in a few areas than to be mediocre in many.
- Speak your mind: People are not mind readers; you have to tell them what you're thinking.
- Take swift action: Make swift decisions and take immediate action.
- Embrace change: Change is the only constant in life. It won't always be easy or obvious at first, but in the end, it will be worth it.
- Don't worry about what others think: For the most part, what other people think and say about you doesn't matter.
- Learn to manage your finances: Take control of your finances early on.
- Be willing to take risks: Life is full of risks, but taking calculated risks can lead to great rewards.
- Practice self-care: Take care of yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally.
- Surround yourself with positive and supportive people. – Cultivate strong relationships with family, friends, and significant others.
- Practice gratitude and appreciation. – Learn to appreciate the good things in your life. Practice gratitude and focus on the positives.
- Take care of your physical and mental health. – Your health should always be a top priority. This means eating well, exercising regularly, and taking care of your mental health by managing stress and practising self-care.
- Never stop learning: Keep learning and growing throughout your life. Read books, take courses, and seek out new experiences.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it. – No one can do everything alone, and there’s no shame in asking for help when you need it.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. – We all have a tendency to compare ourselves to others, but this can be a dangerous habit.
- Believe in yourself and your abilities. – Perhaps the most important thing to remember is to believe in yourself and your abilities. You have the power to achieve great things if you’re willing to work hard and stay committed.
Links and Resources:
Why not join Metropole’s Business Accelerator Mastermind
Listen to Mark’s Podcast on your favourite Podcast App- Mastermind For Business
Learn more about Mark Creedon – Business Coach to some of Australia’s leading entrepreneurs
Get a copy of Mark’s new book here – Have a Business, not a Job
Join us at Wealth Retreat 2023 on the Gold Coast in 2023– express your interest here
Get a bundle of eBooks and reports – www.PodcastBonus.com.au
Some of our favourite quotes from the show:
“You’re a product of what you know, so the more time and energy you spend acquiring the right sort of knowledge, the right sort of experience, the more control you’ve got over your life in all sorts of ways.” – Michael Yardney
“Successful people know how to take action.” – Michael Yardney
“I believe it’s really important to keep learning, to keep growing throughout your life, and I think a lot of people forget that.” – Michael Yardney
PLEASE LEAVE US A REVIEW
Reviews are hugely important to me because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes - it's your way of passing the message forward to others and saying thank you to me. Here's how
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.