Inspirational quotes trigger something within us when we hear them and read them.
They activate our emotions and sometimes when they resonate with us, they increase our pulse and get our creative or critical thinking juices flowing.
That’s one of the reasons why I often share quotes from already very successful entrepreneurs with Mark Creedon, founder of Business Accelerator Mastermind in our monthly Build a Business Not a Job podcast.
Today will be discussing some quotes from Richard Branson.
Even if you’re not a Richard Branson fan, and even if you’re not in business or professional practice, today’s show will be for you because I believe there are some great benefits you can reap by listening to inspirational quotes.
Maybe when you hear Mark and I dissect some of Richard Branson’s quotes you’ll get a different or better angle on a particular subject.
Maybe you’ll get an insight into the thoughts and teachings of somebody a little wiser
Maybe won’t learn something new but the repletion of words will remind you of something you already know and hopefully it will trigger something within you to get you back on track or further down the track.
Even if you’re not a fan of quotes I hope you enjoy today’s show because if you want to become more successful in life whether it’s in business, entrepreneurship, investing or just simply in your relationships.
15 intelligent Richard Branson quotes
Richard Branson needs no introduction; he is the daredevil entrepreneur who is best known as the founder of Virgin Group.
If you’re looking for inspiration, it’s interesting to know that in school, Branson struggled with dyslexia and couldn’t really adapt, so at 16 he decided to drop-out of school and start a youth culture magazine called “Student”. The magazine was the starting point for a humble music store called Virgin Records.
Today Branson has a net worth of over $4.9 Billion and having more than 400 companies, he is one of the most highly respected CEOs in the world.
1. “Screw it let’s do it.”
Instead of waiting for the perfect moment, just get started and get it done.
2. “There is no greater thing you can do with your life and your work and follow your passions in a way that serves the world and you.”
If you’re not passionate about your work, maybe it’s time to think about making a change.
3. “When you’re first thinking through an idea, it’s important not to get bogged down in complexity. Thinking simply and clearly, it is hard to do.”
If you wait until every possible detail is covered, you’ll never get around to doing it.
4. “If you don’t succeed at first, there is no need for the F word (failure). Pick yourself up and try, try again.”
Failure is part of the process. Learn from it and move on.
5. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.”
6. “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”
If you’re not prepared and you don’t have the right mindset, luck will pass you by.
7. “Don’t become a slave to technology – manage your phone, don’t let it manage you.”
It’s fine to use and enjoy technology, just don’t let it take over.
8. “Chance favours the prepared mind. The more you practice, the luckier you become.”
The more time you spend focusing on what you want to achieve and practicing the skills you need, the more opportunities will find you.
9. “Life is a hell of a lot more fun if you say yes rather than no.”
Don’t let negativity or negative people limit you.
10. “A business has to be involving, it has to be fun, and it has to exercise your creative instincts.”
You’ll attract more clients, customers, and opportunities if you’re enjoying yourself.
11. “I have always believed that the way you treat your employees is the way they will treat your customers, and that people flourish when they are praised.”
12. “Hard won things are more valuable than those that come to easily.”
You don’t tend to value things that come too easily
13. “How slim the line is between genius and insanity and between determination and stubbornness.”
In order to be successful, you have to be determined, but you also need to know when to quit.
14. “I will continue questioning, questioning, questioning. I will never completely get to the truth, but I want my life to be one long strive to get there.”
Hold on to your curiosity. It will make you more innovative and creative
15. “Capitalism – which in its purest form is entrepreneurism even among the poorest of the poor – does work; but those who make money from it should put it back into society, not just sit on it as if they are hatching eggs.”
Look for ways to help other achieve success too.
Links and Resources:
Why not join Metropole’s Business Accelerator Mastermind
Learn more about Mark Creedon – Business Coach to some of Australia’s leading entrepreneurs
Some of our favourite quotes from the show:
“Analytical people definitely have their role and can become very successful businesspeople and entrepreneurs, but often they need somebody else to bounce their ideas off, because they can get too bogged down.” – Michael Yardney
“Failure is part of success, it’s part of the process.” – Michael Yardney
“Once you reach the top, you’ve got to send the elevator down to help other people up too.” – Michael Yardney
PLEASE LEAVE US A REVIEW
Reviews are hugely important to me because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes – it’s your way of passing the message forward to others and saying thank you to me. Here’s how.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.