In today's show I tackle a question that's been looming large in many conversations – should we be fearful or greedy about entering the Australian property market right now?
With the property market showing signs of both opportunities and risks, it's a challenging landscape to navigate for both seasoned investors and newcomers.
The balance between fear and greed can be a fine line to walk, and understanding the current property climate is vital in making informed decisions.
If you're a regular listener to the show you'll know I usually have guests on, but today it's going to be just me and you as I share my thoughts and help you interpret current market indicators, and spotting potential opportunities amidst the perceived chaos.
Whether you're an experienced investor, a first-time buyer, or merely an observer of the Australian property market, I hope to provide a balanced perspective and some useful insights that could guide your decision-making process.
Is it time for fear or greed?
Amongst the topics discussed today:
- I reflect on historical events like the 1993 recession and Black Monday of 1987
- Similarities between today’s market and the market 30 years ago
- What’s caused the rise in property values
- Why the same factors won’t work going forward
- Insights on homeownership and economic growth in Australia
- The wealth of the average Australian and where that wealth can be found
- Reasons not to be fearful or overly concerned
- Analysis of the property shortage and population growth
- How supply and demand is impacting property prices
- In-depth examination of the long-term growth of the Australian property market
- Discussion on the impact of urbanization, demographic changes, population growth, and wealth on the market
- The continuing rise in property value in our capital cities
- Reflection on trends in densification and community connection
Links and Resources:
Get the team at Metropole to help build your personal Strategic Property Plan Click here and have a chat with us
Get a bundle of eBooks and reports – www.PodcastBonus.com.au
Some of our favorite quotes from the show:
“The current environment, today's environment, reminds me of those times 30 years ago.” – Michael Yardney
"We've passed the peak of inflation, but it's not going to get into that two or three percent band for some time.” – Michael Yardney
“I'm a long-term investor and I still see strong underlying fundamentals for our property markets.” –Michael Yardney
PLEASE LEAVE US A REVIEW
Reviews are hugely important to me because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes - it's your way of passing the message forward to others and saying thank you to me. Here's how
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.