Property investment is certainly not rocket science and while you don’t have to be a genius to succeed in real estate, it never hurts to learn from great minds when trying to achieve great things.
Renowned for his Theory of Relativity, Albert Einstein's wisdom extends beyond the realm of physics.
On today’s episode, I explored how his teachings can be applied to property investment and financial literacy.
Highlights of Today’s Episode:
- The importance of understanding the fundamentals of property investment, avoiding flashy schemes, and having a solid plan and a reliable team.
- The need for financial literacy in children and adults alike.
- The significance of prioritizing experiences and relationships over material possessions in money management.
- The concept of delayed gratification and taking responsibility for one's financial choices.
- The idea that financial freedom is not dependent on income but on personal responsibility and effective money management.
Essential money tips for children include limiting debt obligations, understanding the power of mindset, and recognizing the changing property market.
- If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.
- Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- A little knowledge is dangerous. So is a lot.
- It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction.
- In the middle of difficulty lies the opportunity.
- The world we have created is a product of our thinking; it cannot be changed without changing our thinking.
- Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
- Today’s Debt is Tomorrow’s Slavery: Teach children the importance of limiting debt obligations to maintain control over personal finances in the future.
- Prioritize Experiences and Relationships: Encourage children to prioritize experiences and relationships over material possessions.
- Take Responsibility to Be the Master of Your Destiny: Help children understand the importance of taking responsibility for their own choices, including financial decisions.
- Understanding Delayed Gratification: Teach children the concept of delayed gratification and the importance of patience in financial matters.
- Making Your Own Luck with Hard Work: Explain to children that luck often results from hard work and preparation, not a random occurrence.
- Financial Freedom is Personal Responsibility: Show children that financial freedom is not dependent on income but on personal responsibility and money management.
- Spending Less Than You Earn: Teach children the golden rule of spending less than they earn and investing the rest.
- Start Saving and Investing Early: Encourage children to start saving and investing early in life to secure their financial future.
- Using Youth Wisely: Teach children to use their youth wisely, as early investments can grow significantly over time due to compounding.
Hopefully, by the end of the episode, you'll realize that luck is often the result of hard work and preparation and that financial freedom is a product of personal responsibility and effective money management. Together, let’s explore the intriguing world of wealth and property investment, empowering ourselves and the next generation for a secure financial future.
Links and Resources:
Get the team at Metropole to help build your personal Strategic Property Plan Click here and have a chat with us
Get a bundle of eBooks and reports – www.PodcastBonus.com.au
Some of our favorite quotes from the show:
“In fact, successful investing boils down to a few solid and time-tested principles.” – Michael Yardney
“Look what happened over the year 2023. At the beginning of the year, those people who didn't listen to the pessimists, those who took action, those who understood that it was a good time in the cycle are sitting very pretty at the moment if they bought the right properties.” – Michael Yardney
“Unless we teach our children good daily success habits and, that way, level the playing field, the rich will continue to get richer and the poor will continue to get poorer.” – Michael Yardney
PLEASE LEAVE US A REVIEW
Reviews are hugely important to me because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes - it's your way of passing the message forward to others and saying thank you to me. Here's how
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.