How do you view life?
Some people think that what happens in their lives is out of their control.
These are the folks who wait passively for what life dishes out to them.
They have few goals, and they are the ones who usually hope for the best — that life will be kind to them and that they will eventually be at the right place and at the right time.
Other people realize that life is a great opportunity for learning and for realizing their fullest potential.
Some of these lessons are learned the hard way.
However, by learning to cope with the challenges, one can come out of the experience wiser and stronger, more able to face whatever else lies ahead.
Now, this is as just relevant in property investing as it is in business, entrepreneurship, relationships, in fact in all areas of your life.
So, in today’s show, Mark Creedon and I discuss a series of life lessons you may have learned in the past but have most probably forgotten.
And hopefully, by the end of today’s show you’ll have some great ideas, inspiration, and new plans to make this new year, 2023 the best year of your life.
Lessons for 2023
Life is a continuous learning experience.
Throughout our lives we keep rising and falling, picking up important lessons along the way.
Some of these lessons come from experience, yet there are others that we learn by watching others or reading books.
So let’s look at a list of important life lessons we should all learn as early as we can:
- Everything you do matters.
- Life never gets simpler. But that doesn't mean it won't get better.
- Rarely do you ever figure anything out fully.
- (Almost) everybody is faking confidence.
- If you want to change the trajectory of your life, embrace these rules and apply them: Commitment is what gets you started, consistency is what gets you somewhere, and persistence is what keeps you going.
- I would add patience – wealth is the transfer of money from the impatient to the patient.
- Life doesn’t get easier, but that doesn’t mean it won’t get better.
- Become friends with Failure. So many people fear making a mistake. They’re scared of looking stupid in front of people they respect or messing up in front of the boss. But everyone makes mistakes. Here are some facts about failure you should remember so the fear of it doesn’t rule your life.
- Perfection is impossible - It’s a tough one to get your head around, especially as most entrepreneurial types are perfectionists, but the sooner you learn that mistakes are inevitable the happier you will be.
- Success Isn’t About Smooth Sailing - You may think that success is the natural by-product of a smooth and well-chartered course.
- Think of failure as one part of an equation - Failure is the first step, and the next is the solution.
- Don’t worry about what others think - A lot of the time, people are worried about failing because they place too much emphasis on what other people around them think.
- Every second you spend comparing your life to someone else’s is a second spent wasting yours; so stop comparing and create your own definition of success instead.
- The harder you work, the luckier you get
Links and Resources:
Why not join Metropole’s Business Accelerator Mastermind
Learn more about Mark Creedon – Business Coach to some of Australia’s leading entrepreneurs
Get a copy of Mark’s new book here – Have a business not a job
Some of our favourite quotes from the show:
“You’re creating your future at the moment.” – Michael Yardney
“Persistence, of course, is just getting up one more time when you get knocked down.” – Michael Yardney
“Success, in whatever we’re talking about, isn’t smooth sailing.” – Michael Yardney
Reviews are hugely important to me because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes - it's your way of passing the message forward to others and saying thank you to me. Here's how
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.