One of the most influential books I read in the 1990’s was Stephen Covey’s ‘The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People.”
In a way, they’re just common sense. Like “begin with the end in mind” or “put first things first”
But the thing about common sense is it’s just not that common. Not in practice anyway.
So in today’s episode, I delve into Stephen Covey's renowned Seven Habits of Highly Effective People with Mark Creedon, founder of Mastermind Business Accelerator.
If you want to become more successful as a property investor or business person, or just in life in general I'm sure you got to get some gems from my chat with Mark Creedon today as we unpack the this personal development classic.
What we learned from Stephen Covey’s Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
- Proactivity and its relevance to property investors and business people.
- Learning to take responsibility for one's reaction to one's own experiences and take the initiative to respond positively and work for improvement.
- Beginning with the end in mind: setting clear goals for your future.
- Determining what you want is necessary in order to work and plan toward it.
- Prioritizing: putting first things first.
- Learning to distinguish between what’s important and what’s urgent.
- Building successful relationships by thinking in terms of win-win.
- Valuing and respecting others will lead to better outcomes.
- Understand others to be understood.
- Empathetic listening to others not only ensures that you’ll understand them better but also prompts them to do the same for you.
- Understanding synergy to create a whole greater than the sum of its parts
- People are stronger together, and through positive teamwork, you can unlock improved outcomes
- Devoting regular time to self-renewal
- Putting in the time to renew yourself physically, spiritually, mentally, and socially makes you a more well-rounded individual.
Links and Resources:
Get the team at Metropole to help build your personal Strategic Property Plan Click here and have a chat with us
Why not join Metropole’s Mastermind Business Accelerator
Learn more about Mark Creedon – Business Coach to some of Australia’s leading entrepreneurs
Get a copy of Mark’s new book here – Have a Business, not a Job
Subscribe to Mark’s Mastermind for Business Podcast here
Get a bundle of eBooks and reports – www.PodcastBonus.com.au
Some of our favorite quotes from the show:
“If other people have achieved success, there's no reason why you can't, and why not look for a shortcut about the way they think, about the way they do things, about how they go about their lives?”
– Michael Yardney
“I think in many conversations people don't really listen. They're waiting for a break in the conversation so they can continue on with their discussion, their argument.”
– Michael Yardney
“What I'm trying to say is fear does have some uses because it actually lets you know that you're alive.”
PLEASE LEAVE US A REVIEW
Reviews are hugely important to me because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes - it's your way of passing the message forward to others and saying thank you to me. Here's how
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.