Does money really buy happiness?
Is there a clear relationship between money and happiness?
To shed light on this age-old question, today I have a chat with Mark Creedon, founder of Mastermind Business Accelerator and CEO of the Metropole Group to decipher the enigma of happiness, money, investment and success.
Decoding the Money-Happiness Paradox
Today’s conversation with Mark dives deep into the happiness quotient of the wealthy and the poor, the problem-solving power of money, and the invaluable things that money can't procure - love, respect, and friendship.
We also discuss compelling research suggesting that money, used judiciously, can contribute to happiness by creating better opportunities for children and mitigating the risk of depression.
- The relationship between money and happiness
- How wealth influences various aspects of life
- Theories about the happiness quotient of the wealthy versus the poor
- The problem-solving power of money
- The things that money can't buy:
- Treasured moments
- Good health - Although money can help you look after your health
- How judicious use of money can contribute to happiness:-
- Having money benefits your children’s brains by avoiding the negative effects of poverty on child development
- Wealthy people are less likely to be diagnosed with depression
- Money helps you buy valuable experiences
- Money gives you the ability to be charitable and spend money on others
- Wealthy people have more opportunities to make social connections, helping them avoid loneliness
- Money gives you the ability to get help when you need it
- How reaching a certain level of wealth or success can cause people to self-sabotage, and how to overcome that
This episode leaves us with valuable lessons about the relationship between money and happiness.
While money can provide some peace of mind, it doesn't hold the keys to happiness, respect, love, or friendship.
Whether you're looking to build wealth, seek fulfilment, or simply explore the dynamic interplay of money and happiness, this episode offers a wealth of insights and perspectives.
Links and Resources:
Get the team at Metropole to help build your personal Strategic Property Plan Click here and have a chat with us
Why not join Metropole’s Mastermind Business Accelerator
Learn more about Mark Creedon – Business Coach to some of Australia’s leading entrepreneurs.
Get a copy of Mark’s new book here – Have a Business, not a Job.
Subscribe to Mark’s Mastermind for Business Podcast here
Get a bundle of eBooks and reports – www.PodcastBonus.com.au
Some of our favorite quotes from the show:
“Now I'm not saying that money will solve all your problems, but, as I said a moment ago, any problem money can solve isn't really a problem when you have money.” – Michael Yardney
“We're saying that the pursuit of success, the pursuit of being a successful businessperson, entrepreneur or property investor for the right reasons, is something you should pursue.” – Michael Yardney
“The turning point was when I realized that I was responsible for all things the good and the bad that had happened to me.” – Michael Yardney
PLEASE LEAVE US A REVIEW
Reviews are hugely important to me because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes - it's your way of passing the message forward to others and saying thank you to me. Here's how
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.