Have you ever wanted to sit me down in a corner and ask me all of your questions about property?
That’s what Liz and Marc from Finder.com.au did.
Earlier this year they asked me all their questions about property.
The interview had so much good information in it that I asked permission for you to hear it on my show.
Listen to this week's show to hear about the major forces driving our property market, the effects of APRA, what I see ahead for property values and interest rates, how rising interest rates might actually make it easier for new investors to enter the property market, and much more.
- The major driving forces behind the property markets in 2018
- APRA's effect on the property market in the past and going forward
- Where I see interest rates heading
- How rising interest rates make it easier for new investors to enter the property market
- Where I see price growth in 2018 (Hint: It's not just Sydney or Melbourne)
- How the infrastructure boom will drive price increases
- My advice for dealing with property investment advertisements
- Lessons about property spruikers
- My view on Australian population growth
- My view on Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Hobart, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth and Darwin
- Why I think you shouldn’t invest in Hobart, and what lessons potential Hobart investors can learn from Darwin
- Why I think many investors will sit on the sidelines this year
“Looking forward, I see a number of outside influences that are going to make a difference to what happens to our markets.” – Michael Yardney
“I think meteorologists and weather forecasters get a better result of the weather than property forecasters do because the property market has multiple drivers, and it’s not just the fundamentals.” – Michael Yardney
“I guess my message is: don’t compare your chapter one to somebody else’s chapter forty. Your parents’ first house was not the same house they have now.” – Michael Yardney
Never miss an episode and keep up with all the good things going on at the Michael Yardney podcast by subscribing on iTunes.
You can also subscribe to MichaelYardneyPodcast.com to keep up with the latest information including bonus material that comes out between the podcasts.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.