What is important when it comes to residential property performance are jobs.
So spend a few minutes looking at these charts.
- Queensland & Western Australia are now creating most of the new jobs.
- Not enough full-time work is being created.
- For mine, the federal budget should be all about helping create employment opportunities. Cutting red tape for sure; but not throwing out the baby with the bathwater.
- NRAS, for example, is not only helping to house key-workers, but is projected to create 349,000 jobs; whilst generating $9.3 billion in tax revenue & costing less than half of this amount to implement. (Okay, so there is a little bit of budget stuff!)
- Queensland’s employment story has been building for some time.
- A positive & consistent change in employment has a direct relationship with sales volumes, and as shown for Brisbane, real estate prices too.
- Declining job prospects result in fewer sales & less price growth.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of michael yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to michael yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.