The more you know about the most common mistakes that investors make, the better your likelihood of building lasting wealth.
In this series of videos, we discuss the common mistakes I’ve seen investors make.
Today we discuss how investors frequently get trapped by property marketing tricks.
If you swallow all the marketing hype we’re subjected to, it would be easy to believe that almost every bricks-and-mortar investment is a sound one.
Of course, if property investing was that easy, we’d all be multi-millionaires.
So what are some of the common marketing traps that you’ve seen catch our unwary investors?
Watch as we discuss
- The many offers and promises out here designed get to our greed glands going.
- Don’t buying for tax reasons – things like getting big tax deductions, depreciation allowances or rental guarantees. In fact you’re usually paying for these up front. They’re loaded into your purchase price.
- In general avoid off the plan, don’t be lured by the marketing hype and the glossy ads. You have to wonder why the developer needs to offer their incentives to make a sale, when the average home seller doesn’t need to offer any incentives
- Be wary of the promise of the next hot spot and avoid properties located in the country with little potential for upside or house and land package on the outskirts of the city. The problem is that because these locations have abundant free land and a constant flow of newer properties coming to market, their capital growth rate underperforms the market. Property is about supply and demand
- Steer clear of “get rich quick schemes” or suggestions you can bypass the banks and buy properties with no money.
- or make profits through Airbnb without even owning a property
- Property investors should always bear in mind that the more marketing activity surrounding a particular property, the more red flags should go up.
Slick marketing is no substitute for quality research.
Just because the sellers and selling agents tell you it’s a great investment doesn’t mean it is.
Now is the time to take action and set yourself for the opportunities that will present themselves as the market moves on
A perfect storm is brewing for our property markets in 2021-22, and you can trust the team at Metropole to provide you with direction, guidance and results.
In challenging times like we are currently experiencing you need an advisor who takes a holistic approach to your wealth creation and that’s what you exactly what you get from the multi award-winning team at Metropole.
If you’re looking at buying your next home or investment property here’s 4 ways we can help you:
- Strategic property advice. – Allow us to build a Strategic Property Plan for you and your family. Planning is bringing the future into the present so you can do something about it now! This will give you direction, results and more certainty. Click here to learn more
- Buyer’s agency – As Australia’s most trusted buyers’ agents we’ve been involved in over $3Billion worth of transactions creating wealth for our clients and we can do the same for you. Our on the ground teams in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane bring you years of experience and perspective – that’s something money just can’t buy. We’ll help you find your next home or an investment grade property. Click here to learn how we can help you.
- Wealth Advisory – We can provide you with strategic tailored financial planning and wealth advice. Click here to learn more about we can help you.
- Property Management – Our stress free property management services help you maximise your property returns. Click here to find out why our clients enjoy a vacancy rate considerably below the market average, our tenants stay an average of 3 years and our properties lease 10 days faster than the market average.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.