We all know that Australia’s future prosperity is reliant on the resources boom and a large part of that will depend on China’s growth.
- 350 million more people will move to the cities – 103 million have moved since 1990
- 221 Chinese cities will have 1 million + people living in them – the whole of Europe has 35 today
- 1 million kilometres of new road and 28,000 kilometres of metro rail will be laid
- 170 mass-transit systems will be built – twice the number that all of Europe has today
- 40 billion square metres of floor space will be built to construct five million buildings
- 50,000 skyscraper will be built (+30 stories) – the equivalent of building 2 Chicago’s every year
- 97 new airports will be built
- 1 in 7 planes assembled by Boeing and Airbus will be delivered to China
- 1,000 MW of coal-fired power capacity will be commissioned every week – equivalent to 4 million tonnes of new coal demand
- 1 wind farm turbine will be built every hour and a half
Source Christopher Joye’s Blog
SUBSCRIBE & DON'T MISS A SINGLE EPISODE OF MICHAEL YARDNEY'S PODCAST
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
PREFER TO SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.