Here’s a summary of the weekly key real estate market stats from CoreLogic.
Last weeks average time on market across capital cities showed a vast spread in days.
The least days spent on the market continues to be Sydney (houses: 26 days; units: 26 days), with the longest days showing Darwin (houses 79 days; units: 86 days).
The smallest level of vendor discounting for houses is Canberra at -3.6% and for units is Sydney at -3.8%. The highest level of vendor discounting for houses is Hobart at -7.3% and for units is Darwin at -7.3%.
Some things you should keep an eye out for as a property investor include:
- Capital city home value changes
- Capital city auction statistics (preliminary)
- Capital city properties listed for sale
- Capital city private treaty median prices
- Daily change in dwelling values across five combined capitals
- Weekly clearance rate, combined capital cities
- Number of homes for sale, combined capital cities
- Median house and unit prices
- Capital city average time on market and vendor discounting results
- Mortgage market activity
- RP Data Mortgage Index – RMI
- New listings activity
- RP Data Listings Index – RLI
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.