Renowned futurist Morris Miselowski predicts that in the next 35 years 60 per cent of us will be doing jobs that don’t exist today.
It’s interesting speculating what we will be doing in 2050.
If I’m still around I’ll be 96 and not needing a job.
Check out his predictions of the top 10 jobs in the future, but while you speculate what you’ll be up to and how you’ll be earning your daily crust remember there will always be a place for entrepreneurs and investors.
So while you’re likely to need a job to earn you will arise from technology and the human body, dedicated to improving our health and extending human life, according to Mr Miselowski.
Anyway…here are his predictions for the the top 10 jobs in 2050, then below is a video of his talk at TED
1. Nano medic — Someone who works with medicine on a molecular level using tiny robots to investigate problems in the body and solve them from the inside out.
2. Memory augmentation surgeon — Someone who understands how thoughts are stored in the brain and may have the ability to restore memories for people with dementia and alzheimers.
3. Body part maker — The logical extension of all those kidneys, hearts and livers being made by 3D printers at the moment.
4. Transhumanist designer/engineer — Miselowski sees this as a human resources role concerned with understanding the capacity of robots and humans, then acting like an “orchestra conductor” to harmoniously get the best out of both of them.
5. Gene programmer — Research may provide the ability for a full-time programmer to manipulate genes and prevent disease.
6. Brain augmenter — This would be to manipulate parts of the brain to avoid phobias and reduce disease.
7. Spaceport traffic control — Sound like Start Trek doesn’t it?
8. Weather controller —Miselowski believes we’ll have a much better idea of how weather patterns are caused, with people finding ways to manipulate it that could have potentially huge implications for food crops or natural disasters.
9. Ethics lawyer — To protect privacy and debate ethics of all this possibility.
10. Domestic robot programmer — This could be the person you call when something goes wrong with your smart home or domestic robot.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
Prefer to subscribe via email?